48 | the missile

THE Avengers circled up just as, above them, more Chitauri and Leviathan Chitauri creatures fell through the large black hole above them

THE Avengers circled up just as, above them, more Chitauri and Leviathan Chitauri creatures fell through the large black hole above them. Lyra heard clanking of metal and saw her suit flying toward her. Jumping up, she felt the metal wrap itself around her body. She felt the flight boosters start up just as her helmet slid over her face.

"Jarvis?" Tony asked.

"Online," Jarvis responded.

"Good," he muttered, his eyes focusing on Lyra as he gulped. He was worried—more worried than he ever felt before.

She flew next to Tony as the Avengers stared at the large amount of creatures. They knew there was no end to the army.

"Guys," Natasha called anxiously.

"Call it, Cap," Tony demanded.

"Alright, listen up. Until we can close that portal up there, our focus is containment. Barton, I want you on that roof, eyes on everything. Call out patterns and strays. Stark and Redfield, you got the perimeter. Anything gets more than three blocks out, you turn it back or your turn it to ash."

"Wanna give me a lift?" Clint asked to the Iron duo.

Tony flew behind him. "Right. Better clench up, Legolas."

Tony flew up to a building to drop Clint off as Lyra began to fly the perimeter while blasting any creatures in her way.

On the comms, she heard Steve, "Thor, you've gotta try and bottleneck that portal. Slow them down. You've got the lightning. Light the bastards up. You and me, we stay here on the ground, keep the fighting here. And Hulk. Smash."

Lyra yelped as a Chitauri threw itself from a building onto her. She turned, flying backwards as she blasted the fucking thing from her suit. "Shit!" she yelled as another jumped on her.

A blast threw it off. She turned, seeing Tony blasting two more. "Keep up, Ly," Tony taunted as he flew off. Lyra rolled her eyes as she followed, both blasting together like the perfect duo they were.

"You know, this wasn't in the homework," Tony commented.

"Would've been a good read, yeah?" Lyra called back. She flew up just as her suit glitched. "What kind of model was this suit, Tone?"

"A newer one, but the bugs weren't fixed yet," Tony admitted. "It'll hold."

"It better. Jarvis?"

"Power at 53%."

"It better," Lyra repeated breathlessly as she shot another Chitauri from a building.

"Stark. You both got a lot of strings sticking to your tail," Clint called.

Lyra turned, cursing as she sped up with Tony.

"Just try and keep them off the streets," Tony said.