29 | ceo potts

LYRA had her phone ringing as soon as she made it into the mansion

LYRA had her phone ringing as soon as she made it into the mansion. Tony had left earlier with Happy as Pepper and Lyra tried to keep the media at bay. Pepper was getting more and more annoyed with Tony.

"I don't understand," she said, "why is acting out?"

Lyra took a deep breath. She knew he had been worrying over his blood toxicity. She answered her phone with a scowl as she followed Pepper down to the lab.

"That was quite a show," Fury said. "I see he's becoming irrational."

"He's not. He's dying, and you all won't help him," she seethed as Pepper walked in first.

She heard her shout, "Is this a joke? What are you thinking?"

"What?" Tony called.

"Listen, sir. I know you guys think you have it under control, but you're only stressing me out further. I have loved every second of being a part of S.H.I.E.L.D. but now? It's affecting him, and he'll hate me when he finds out," she seethed.

"We're taking action soon. Don't worry," Fury said before hanging up.

"What are you thinking?" Pepper yelled as she neared him.

"I'm thinking I'm busy. And you're angry about something. Do you have the sniffles? I don't want to get sick," Tony said as he continued working on something.

"Did you just donate—"

Tony stood up as she got close. "Keep your distance."

Both walked around the room. "—our entire modern art collection to the—"

"Boy Scouts of America."

"—Boy Scouts of America?"

"Yes. It is a worthwhile organisation. I didn't physically check the crates but, basically, yes. And it's not 'our' collection, it's my collection. No offence," he said before noticing Lyra standing there. "Hey."

Pepper snapped her fingers to get his attention on her. "No, you know what? I think I'm actually entitled to say 'our' collection considering the time that I put in, over 10 years, curating that."

"It was a tax write-off. I needed that."

Pepper glared. "You know, there's only about 8,011 things that I really need to talk to you about."

"DUM-E! Hey, stop spacing out. The Bridgeport's already machining that part," he said to the robot.

"The Expo is a gigantic waste of time," she said as she sniffed again.

"I need you to wear a surgical mask until you're feeling better. Is that okay?"

Lyra smirked. "That's rude, Tony."

He walked away to a bunch of boxes. "There's nothing more important to me than the Expo. It's my primary point of concern. I don't know why you're—"