63 | all uncovered

TONY glared at her and the suit closed next to her chair

TONY glared at her and the suit closed next to her chair. She was sitting in the waiting room, ready to leave actually as she had no serious damage. There were a few bruises from the suit itself and the fight from the bridge, but it was nothing she could not handle. She was waiting for Tony due to his constant tries to get in touch with her through Jarvis. She had already seen Steve when he woke, and she promised to help him in his search for Bucky after she told him that he was there right in front of her with no intention to hurt her. He pulled Steve from the water. She was ready to help Steve find him because no one deserved to have their memories erased and transformed into a killing machine.

"I'm angry," Tony stated to the suit. He pressed a button on the outside of the suit, and they both watched it begin to collapse on itself until it was simply a bracelet again.

"Well, shit. I didn't know you made the whole thing retractable!" Lyra stated. "I could've used it at the fight on the bridge!"

Tony glared further as he slipped the bracelet back onto her wrist. His hands traced her other hand until it landed on the engagement ring.

"This means we tell each other the truth. No more lying. Why didn't you call me?" he asked seriously. "If I was one of the targets, I should have helped. You could've died... again. This is what I mean... I hate that I can't protect you all the time!"

Lyra sighed, brushing her dark hair behind her ear. "I'm sorry. When I left Stark Towers, Rumlow was waiting for me. When I lost him, I met up with Steve, Nat, and Sam. We interrogated Sitwell—dead, by the way—and then we were attacked by Hydra and the Winter Soldier. Lost my phone and glasses then. Agent Hill got us to Fury, who is still alive, of course, and we had to stop those Helicarriers right away. If I had a way to contact you, not knowing I could have opened and closed the suit, I would have," Lyra promised, hugging him. "I'm sorry."

Tony grumbled under his breath before hugging her back. "I'm angry."

"I know."

"Way past it."

"Yup."

"Now, we have to find all of the Hydra locations since Rumlow took the scepter after Loki's army."

"I'm aware."

"Which means we don't get a break from this shit."

"It sucks, doesn't it?"

"Which also means we have to get the gang back together. Think we can summon a God?"

"You can figure it out," Lyra said with a smirk as she pulled out of the hug to kiss him. "I'm right here. I'm okay. So are you."

Tony sighed. "I have a Tower idea since S.H.I.E.L.D. is no more," he said as he grabbed her hand. They began to walk out. "Avengers Tower, nice ring to it," he said. "I have yet to replace Stark on the outside. All that's left is an A. I'm thinking of leaving it—inviting the guys to live there if they so choose."

"Sounds good," Lyra nodded as they made it to his car. "Very generous of you."

"Well, you know. Philanthropist and all," Tony said with a smirk as he jumped into the car. "So, Steve said something about you getting shot? Care to elaborate?"

Lyra's eyes widened. "Right! Right. Shit, the Extremis stuff kept me from bleeding out. The stuff you couldn't get out pushed the bullet from my shoulder. My body fixed itself with that orange glow. Very cool."

Tony smirked as he took off toward the tower. "Yeah? Think we should test the breathing fire and fireball thing? It would be hot."

"You're awful," Lyra sniggered as he squeezed her thigh. "No, I don't fancy accidentally blowing myself up."

"Right, right. Side effects, those are bad," Tony admitted.

"They are," she agreed.

He smirked over at her before shrugging. "Still. It would be cool."

Lyra did not answer him as she watched New York pass in a blur while Tony drove. She smiled as they neared the Tower, knowing everything was going to be harder from here, but they had each other. She intertwined her fingers with his that rested on her thigh. He squeezed them once.

The next morning, Lyra walked into the kitchen barefoot with Tony's shirt on her body. She yawned as she made it to the fridge, opening it to grab items to make breakfast.

When she closed the fridge, she yelled in fright, dropping the milk. Before it hit the ground, a hand reached out to grab it.

"Goddammit, Thor! Do you knock!?" Lyra screamed. "When did you arrive!?"

Thor let out a large laugh as he placed the milk onto the counter next to her.

"Last night, Lady Lyra. You and Tony were sleeping, but he had sent me a message on the communication device Jane owns," he spoke with a large smile. Lyra nodded, noticing his normal clothing. She then realized her lack of clothing, so she held up a finger.

"J-Just let me—"

"What's wrong!?" Tony yelled, running out in just his underwear. When he noticed Thor, he rolled his eyes. "Oh, it's just you," he moaned. "Why are you here already?"

Thor looked confused. "Was it not your intention to have me here after your urgent message last night?"

Tony shrugged. "Honestly, I thought Jane had some super secret way to communicate with Asgard. I didn't know you were on Earth." He looked at Lyra. "Can you put pants on? The God doesn't need to see you all uncovered!"

"Well you didn't tell me you messaged him!" Lyra countered.

"I didn't expect him to come today!"

"Still could have told me!"

Thor laughed. "You both still fight your silly battles. I have missed you."

Tony smirked before pointed to the stairs. "Clothes," he said to Lyra.

Lyra smiled at Thor. "It's really good to see you Thor. I'll make breakfast in a moment," she said as she hurried toward Tony. Pinching his arm, she said, "Tell me next time."

He complained as he rubbed the red spot but nodded nonetheless.