71 | ball of fire

AFTER running up three flights of stairs, Lyra opened Pepper's room to see Pepper and Charlotte sound asleep

AFTER running up three flights of stairs, Lyra opened Pepper's room to see Pepper and Charlotte sound asleep. She walked over, checking to make sure they were breathing before sighing out in immense relief. She nodded once to make sure she was not going crazy before turning to meander her way to the lab. Her feet were dragging blood as her skin fought to regenerate but could not because of the glass.

When she made it to the lab, everyone besides Thor was in there. Everyone quieted down when they saw the pure rage on Lyra's face.

Tony rose his hands, eyes wide. "That wasn't supposed to happen."

"You put your family in danger, Anthony," Lyra snarled. "Did you really think making more robots would solve everything!? You said you were done!"

Tony gulped, watching Steve grab her hand to sit her down when he noticed the blood from her feet. "Lyra, we need to get the glass out," he whispered. The anger never left her eyes as she nodded once. Natasha walked over with a smile, grabbing a pair of tweezers.

"All our work is gone. Ultron cleared out, used the internet as an escape hatch," Bruce said finally after a tense silence.

"Ultron," Steve repeated, wincing when Lyra squeezed his hand while Natasha plucked the glass out.

"He's been in everything. Files, surveillance. Probably knows more about us than we know about each other," Natasha added, almost getting kicked in the face when she grabbed the glass wrong. "Sorry," she squeaked to Lyra.

"He's in your files, he's in the internet. What if he decides to access something a little more exciting?" Rhodey said.

Hill's eyes widened. "Nuclear codes."

"Nuclear codes. Look, we need to make some calls, assuming we still can," Rhodey said, pulling out his phone.

"Nukes? He said he wanted us dead," Lyra sneered. Tony flinched.

Steve shook his head. "He didn't say dead. He said extinct."

"He also said he killed somebody," Clint added.

"But there wasn't anyone else in the building besides Pepper and Charlotte," Hill said, looking at Lyra. "You checked them, right?" Lyra nodded tersely.

Tony sighed. "Yes there was." He waved his arms to bring up an orange configuration of Jarvis's subconscious. It was destroyed.

Bruce looked shocked. "This is insane."

Steve stood once Natasha was finished with the glass Lyra could feel her feet healing. "Jarvis was the first line of defense. He would've shut Ultron down, it makes sense," he said.

"No, Ultron could've assimilated Jarvis. This isn't strategy, this is... rage."

Suddenly, Thor burst through the doors, walking straight up to Tony and grabbing his neck. He lifted Tony in the air with anger that was unmatched.