05 | jericho missile

IT had been a few weeks since Lyra had began living with the Tony Stark

IT had been a few weeks since Lyra had began living with the Tony Stark. Besides the odd flirtatious comment or touching that happened on accident (and the millions of threats that led Happy to separate the two), things were going well. Tony was preparing to send a new product to the government of defense... and she was watching him run makeshift tests with his computers. Jarvis would send the missile, explaining exactly what would happen. It was ingenious, but Lyra wondered what would happen if these got in the wrong hands.

"You ever think these weapons aren't the best thing you could be doing?" Lyra asked him as she wrote down numbers for him. She did not mind being his assistant in the lab... it felt like old times, and he was giving her time to do her own things when he was not around. She felt they finally could put the past behind them and become friends.

"You ever think about what leaves your mouth before you let it exit?"

Then, there are times she felt they were back to square one.

"Well, you've been in and out of my mouth. You're right... I should have reconsidered."

Tony smirked her way.

"Did you write that down?" he asked, ignoring her comment.

"Yes, I did. Explain to me the point of this missile?" she asked, pushing her glasses up her nose to see the notes she was writing.

Tony put a hand on his chin as he used his hands to move the blue lights around to change the sequence. "This will be the first with repulsor technology. Change fifteen to twenty-three in column four, would you?"

Lyra did as he said, watching him work.

"I need to have it built. Get a real test before sending it off to the Pentagon," Tony mumbled. "Jarvis, send Rhodey a message. Tell him Jericho is ready for testing."

"You haven't built it yet," Lyra reminded him.

"Right, right. Let's get working, babe, shall we?"

It took a week to build the Jericho Missile the way Tony had envisioned it. He, of course, only made the one so that they could test it. He would send the instructions afterward to his engineers at the company to make more if it was a successful trial.

Tony walked behind her, placing his hands on her hips to move her out of the way.

She scowled his way. "Is the touching necessary?"

"Very!" he called as he walked close to the missile to twist the nob. "Hey, Ly? Did you want to go out tonight?"

Lyra eyed him warily. "Why?"

Tony rolled his eyes as he turned to face her. "Because I'm getting hungry."

"Why with me?" Lyra rephrased.

"You're the only one that will. Happy is busy. Pepper is ignoring me. Rhodey is miles away," Tony said with a shrug, crumbling a hologram and throwing it to a fake trashcan. He grinned when it landed it. "So you up for it? I can always leave you here alone and missing me."

Lyra scoffed. "Almost agreed until you added your sarcasm, Stark."

Tony grinned, walking through the blue lights that reflected their work. He stood right in front of her, placing a hand to her cheek. "How could you say no to me?"

"Like this: No," Lyra said stiffly, throwing his hand away. "I'm not going to fall for this again, Tony. You'll have a woman waiting for you at the door with a snap of your fingers."

Tony groaned. "Lyra, come on. I leave for Vegas at some point tomorrow for that stupid award, and then, I go to a foreign country to display the Jericho missile. Let's enjoy tonight."

"I'll be in Vegas as well. Pepper invited me."

"That little minx," Tony said with a smirk. "Gonna wear a tight dress for me?"

"You're impossible!" Lyra said, beginning to walk off. Tony grabbed her hand.

"Please, just a dinner."

Lyra eyed him warily before sighing. "Fine, Tone. I swear if you leave with another woman—"

"I won't. Not tonight," he finished with a smirk before laughing. He cut himself off when he saw she was scowling further than before. "I'm joking. I won't. Promise."

He began to walk off. "Hey, J! Make reservations at The Cradle for two at seven."

"Yes, sir."

Lyra rolled her eyes as she watched him leave the lab.

"That's in two hours. Better go get ready," Lyra called to his retreating figure. "You don't want to be late."

Tony sent a smirk her way as he flick his hand to turn off the lights in the lab. She rolled her eyes as it darkened around her. She put her glasses in her pocket as she sat her clipboard down. Following him out of the lab, she changed course to her bedroom to get ready.

She took a deep breath before finding the proper attire. She hardly could trust that Tony would be hers and hers only tonight, for once a woman he thought was beautiful walked in, his attention would be elsewhere. That's how it went with him... she hated it.

"Mr. Stark would like to know what color tie you prefer," Jarvis asked.

Lyra smirked lightly, brushing her wavy hair behind her shoulders to cascade down her back.

"Tell him I don't care."

As she walked out of the room, her heels clicked against the hardwood floors. She found the bar, making a cup before the night ahead of her.

She heard motion behind him, and she jumped when she felt his hand touch the small of her back that was open due to the navy dress being backless. He made himself a shot before placing his lips by her ear.

"You know these dresses are my favorite on you," he stated, hand tracing her moon phases tattoo that went down the length of her spine. "Remember when you got this tattoo?"

Lyra turned, pushing him off. She noticed the tie he was wearing, and a flush went up her face. "Yes, I remember. I also remember we swore that was not a tie for wearing."

Taking the shot quickly, he let a large grin cover his face. "Thought you'd like the reminder. Come on."