76 | sokovia

"ULTRON knows we're coming

"ULTRON knows we're coming. Odds are we'll be riding into heavy fire, and that's what we signed up for. But the people of Sokovia, they didn't. So our priority is getting them out. All they want is to live their lives in peace, and that's not going to happen today. But we can do our best to protect them. And we can get the job done, and find out what Ultron's been building. We find Romanoff, and we clear the field. Keep the fight between us. Ultron thinks we're monsters and we're what's wrong with the world. This isn't just about beating him. It's about whether he's right."

"Always gets me motivated when you give a speech like that, Cap," Lyra said with a grin.

Lyra ran with Clint as they watched people around become affected by Wanda's magic to get them out of the city. She could hear Pietro yell for people to leave as he went from door to door. Lyra and Clint were shouting and helping people from their homes as they yelled about what was coming.

Lyra gulped as robots began to fly around the city. Clint shot them down with his bow and arrow as Lyra sent her damn fireballs in order to melt the son's of bitches. Lyra grinned at Clint. "Reminds me of New York!"

"You were a little different back then!" Clint yelled with a laugh, drawing another arrow back.

"We all were," Lyra said with a wink as she did a flip midair and landed on a robot. She felt her body heating up as she melted through the robot's chest. She fell to the ground with a laugh. "Very, very different!"

Clint grinned at her before he saw civilians ahead of them. "Get out of here! Get—" he screamed at them as Lyra shot the robots down.

Tony's voice broke through comms. "Friday! The Vision?"

"Boss, it's working. He's burning Ultron out of the net, he won't escape through there," Friday replied. Lyra grinned.

Ultron's voice was heard distantly. "You shut me out! You think I care? You take away my world, I take away yours."

Suddenly, Clint grabbed Lyra as the Earth around them began to shake and break. Clint and Lyra jumped back into Sokovia as a large gash of rock fell right where they were. Lyra's wide eyes met Clint's frantic ones. They began yelling for people to stand back, but some jumped off as if it would keep them safe. The entire city was rising.

"Friday?"

"Sokovia's going for a ride," Friday responded.

Ultron laughed. "Do you see? The beauty of it, the inevitability. You rise, only to fall. You, Avengers, you are my meteor, my swift and terrible sword and the earth will crack with the weight of your failure. Purge me from your computers, turn my own flesh against me. It means nothing. When the dust settles, the only thing living in this world will be metal."

Clint and Lyra went back to fighting robots as they could do nothing for the people right now besides getting them to hide. Lyra saw a young girl about to be attacked by a robot, so she ran at it. When she tackled it, it cut her face as it tried to push her off. Letting her body grow warm, she smirked as the robot melted under her.