30 | new meetings

LYRA was with Agent Barton on a mission in Texas

LYRA was with Agent Barton on a mission in Texas. They were on the border of Louisiana and Texas, and she sighed at the hot temperature of the south. Clint looked over at her with a smirk. "Can't handle the heat?" he asked as they finally made it as high as they could into the tree they were climbing.

"Can't handle this twig going up my ass," she snarled. "Why are we in a tree?"

Clint laughed, taking out his bow. "Hydra agents coming this way with heavy supplies. We got a tip off."

"Where's Rumlow?" Lyra asked.

"Fury trusted me more with this mission," Clint answered, getting an arrow ready. "Get your weapon ready, come on."

Lyra grinned as she maneuvered her crossbow with a laugh. Clint refused to allow her to use a real bow since that was his thing, so he let her use a crossbow and guns. "So what? Fury trusts me?"

"More so he wanted to get you away from Tony for right now. We are beginning to intervene with his heart problem," he said causing her to send him a glare. "Don't look at me like that. We're taking care of it."

"Oh, are you? That makes me feel relieved," she said sarcastically.

"You don't trust us yet," he said.

"I don't trust people who won't give me all the details—'specially when it has to do with the man I love," she said. "Wouldn't you do anything for the person you loved?" Clint did not answer as he focused on his shot.

"Here they come," Clint said after about five minutes of silence.

Sighing, she pulled back, waiting to release the trigger.

"You get the driver. I got the passenger. Two in the back after," he said. "Now!"

They both released their shot, and she grinned as they landed perfectly. The car flew off the road into the trees nearby, and the men were screaming. Lyra sent three more shots, hitting the driver once more.

Clint climbed down, gesturing for her to follow. Lyra pushed her crossbow on her back as she pulled out a gun. The two men in the back were jumping out and yelling in Russian—something she had just began to learn with Agent Hill. Clint fired arrows as she fired bullets. She grinned as she watched the car begin to smoke as the weaponry inside was catching fire. She watched as one of the men ran up to her, and she punched him once before hitting the butt of the gun on his temple. He passed out immediately.

Clint had taken out the other guy, so they walked to the back of the truck. Hurrying, Lyra had Jarvis scan the weapons to send back to Fury.

Clint yelled something just as the passenger man turned with a gun and smirked. He shot the gun in the backseat causing a large explosion that had Lyra flying backward with Clint.

Her eyes fell as her body became unconscious and unresponsive. She heard Clint yelling something, but she only saw darkness.

It was a while before her body began to function again. She could hear someone talking and touching her face or arms, but she had no recollection as she was in and out of consciousness.

When she finally stirred with her eyes begrudgingly openening, she found herself on a couch in a house that she did not recognize.

Sitting up, she felt a shooting pain go up her spine and head. She licked her dry lips as her breathing increased.

She heard laughter, and she forced herself to stand up. She almost fell when a sharp pain went through her back again, but she grabbed onto the wall next to her to bring her to a window. She found her gun sitting on the table, so she picked it up and held it to her chest. Leaning over to look out the window, she felt her mouth drop at the sight before her.

Clint Barton throwing a small girl in the air as a young boy ran around them laughing.

She heard a noise, and when she turned, she pointed the gun at the woman standing with wide eyes and her hands up.

"Woah, Agent Redfield... it's all right. You... er—You really shouldn't be up," she said softly as Lyra lowered her gun.

"Where am I?" she said loudly causing Clint to hear her outside. He smirked to himself as he led the children back inside and stood beside the woman with a nod. "Clint?"

"Welcome to my humble abode," he said with a gesture around the room. "This is my wife, Laura." The two children ran in with wide eyes. "My son Cooper and daughter Lila."

Lyra dropped the gun onto the table when the children eyed it funnily. She opened her mouth once before closing it. She tilted her head. "What?"

Laura laughed. "Clint is very fond of you. I'm glad I was able to meet you."

The little girl walked over to Lyra with a smile. "You dress like Auntie Nat. Are you new Auntie?"

Lyra crouched to her level with a grimace of pain. "S-Sure. Call me what you want," she said softly. "You're very beautiful."

Lila blushed before turning to Clint. "Daddy! I'm going to go color picture for Auntie."

Clint nodded with a small smile. "Take Coop with you. Daddy needs to talk to Auntie Ly."

The children left the room making it completely silent.

Lyra looked up again. "What!?" she asked again causing the couple to laugh.