113 | family

STEVE almost decided to back in time and go back to Peggy—Agent Carter

STEVE almost decided to back in time and go back to Peggy—Agent Carter. It was as if Bucky knew it as he told him it would be okay. Steve then thought of the funeral for Natasha and the new baby in Lyra's stomach. He thought about being around Lyra again, and he realized that he was not that man anymore. He had to be there for Bucky, for Sam, for Lyra, for Charlotte... he had responsibilities, and though he planned to finally retire, he wanted to stay in this timeline to be able to watch his family grow.

When he returned, Bucky looked relieved.

Lyra was able to leave the hospital a few days later, and Tony could not help but crack jokes as he had to help her walk to the wheelchair. He had to push her around as she was still very weak. She hated it.

"Think about how much a fireball would benefit you right now," Tony quipped with a smirk as she glared heatedly at him. "My head as the target, yes?"

Lyra sighed as Pietro and Wanda walked ahead of them with Charlotte in between them, holding their hands as they made her jump between them. "No. I love you far too much to ever lose you again."

"You're telling me!" Tony exclaimed. "Five years with Pepper hassling me to clean my room!"

Pepper and Rhodey laughed from behind them. "Yet I still cleaned it."

"Ah, you love me, Pep. Admit it," Tony said as they all piled into the elevator.

"Sometimes. Depends on my mood," Pepper replied.

Charlotte grinned as she grabbed her mother's hand that rested on the wheelchair. Pietro glanced at Wanda with a smirk. "Does this mean we are no longer twins? I am now older than you by five years and twelve minutes."

Wanda sneered his way. "You're unbelievable."

"He is. He and Charlie decided to use Cap's shield to sled down the roof as Pietro ran around the house blindly to catch her," Pepper revealed with a smirk as Wanda and Lyra simultaneously smacked Pietro's arm.

Tony sniggered. "I told you she'd be pissed when she found out."

"Lottie loved it!" Pietro exclaimed.

"Not when I went into a tree," Charlotte said with a smirk.

Lyra laughed as the elevator doors opened. "I'm so glad you got to grow up," she whispered, squeezing her hand.

As Tony rolled her outside, the Stark family, Pepper, and Rhodey watched in shock as the entire parking lot was filled with reporters and large crowds that went on for miles. When the door opened, the cheering was deafening.

People held signs that said, "Starks saved us!" or "Thank you, Starks!" Lyra smiled with tears as she smiled at the large crowd. All of these people, some dusted, some not, but all were thankful for their friends and family back.