109 | to fight thanos... again

TONY woke and pushed the rubble off of him quickly

TONY woke and pushed the rubble off of him quickly. He gulped, looking through the holes to see Thor standing completely still while staring at Thanos from the past. He cursed under his breath before turning to find Steve. When he pushed through rubble, he eventually found the shiled knocked to the side. He picked it up as he noticed Steve lying on the ground, eyes closed.

"Come on, buddy. Wake up. That's my man," Tony said as Steve gently sat up. He handed the shield to him. "You lose this again, I'm keeping it."

"What happened?"

"You messed with time. It tends to mess back. You'll see," Tony said with a grimace as he helped Steve stand. They walked to where Thor was still staring at the villain from their history.

"What's he been doing?" Tony asked.

"Absolutely nothing," Thor answered.

Steve looked nervous. "Where are the stones?"

"Somewhere under all this. All I know is he doesn't have them," Tony said.

"So we keep it that way," Steve said.

"You know it's a trap, right?" Thor admitted.

"Yeah. And I don't much care," Tony sneered.

"Good. Just as long we are all in agreement," Thor said before thunder cracked above them as Thor stretched out both hands to summon both Stormbreaker and Mjölnir. His casual clothes transformed into his armor and cape. "Let's kill him properly this time."

They walked slowly together toward Thanos.

Thanos sat and watched them. "You could not live with your own failure. And where did that bring you? Back to me. I thought by eliminating half of life, the other half would thrive. But you've shown me that's impossible. And as long as there are those that remember what was, there will always be those that are unable to accept what can be. They will resist."

"Yep. We're all kinds of stubborn," Tony quipped.

"I'm thankful. Because now, I know what I must do," he stood up. "I will shred this universe down to its last atom. And then–With the stones you've collected for me, create a new one. Teeming with life, but knows not what it has lost but only what it has been given." Thor lit himself up with lightning. "A grateful universe."

"Born out of blood," Steve bit back.

"They'll never know it. Because you won't be alive to tell them," Thanos said as they ran at each other.

Tony sent blast after blast as he thought about what the bastard did to his wife and kids. He thought about how much he could not wait to kill him. Every blast sent Thanos flying back, but he powered through as he sent a punch when Tony got too close. Without the stones, it was a bit easier to fight him, of course.

When Tony was thrown back, he caught himself, grinning in his mask as he looked at Thor. "Okay, Thor. Hit me." Thor smashed his two weapons together to send a combined force of energy into Tony's suit. The energy was sent out of his hands and body that Thanos used his blade to divert. Thor grabbed Strombreaker to bat Mjölnir to hit Thanos. Thanos grabbed Tony, using him as a shield which caused Tony's systems to become damaged.

He was thrown aside as his eyes fell closed.

"Boss, wake up!"

Steve tried to attack Thanos but was easily shoved away by him. Thor's next attack on Thanos was blocked by his sword. Thor was punched and choked by Thanos rapidly before Thanos threw Thor into a tree. He then threw Thor into rubble, punching him over and over as Thor tried to defend himself. Thor tried to grab Stormbreaker, but Thanos grabbed it from him and began to push it into Thor's chest.

As Thor realized he was about to perish, he fought hard to push Stormbreaker away. Before he had a change to defend himself anymore, Mjölnir flew into Thanos, knocking him off of Thor. It flew backward, and Thor turned with a wide smile as Steve grabbed the hammer midair.

"I knew it!" Thor shouted before Thanos kicked him in the face.

Thanos turned to Steve. Steve used his shield and Mjölnir to fight Thanos. He knocked Thanos in the face to shove him down. He threw his shield, in which Thanos deflected it. Steve threw the hammer into his shield, and that caused a shockwave that knocked Thanos down again.

When Steve went at him offensively, he soon lost his upper hand when Thanos removed his helmet and stabbed Steve right in the leg. Then, he knocked the hammer out of Steve's hand. Steve tried to use his shield to protect him, but Thanos's blade began to break the shield, bit by bit until it was half gone.

He threw Steve across the battlefield, but Steve tried to stand up anyway. He refused to give up.

"In all my years of conquest–violence–slaughter–It was never personal. But I'll tell you now: what I'm about to do to your stubborn, annoying little planet, I'm gonna enjoy it. Very, very much."

Thanos's entire army was summoned to the ground which include the Children of Thanos, Chitauri, Sakaarans, Outriders and Chitauri Gorillas. Upon seeing the army descending on Earth, Steve slowly got back to his feet, not wanting to give up. With a fierce determination, he tightened his broken shield to his arm and stood against Thanos's giant army alone.

Tony began to wake up, and he knew there was no way the three of them would win with that much of an army. They would lose again. He was not ready to face that horrible reality. He wanted to see Lyra at least once more before. He needed her.

Suddenly, a crackling comes in on their communicator that had Tony looking around in confusion.

"Hey, Cap, you read me?"

Steve's eyes met Tony's for a brief second before they looked around, both wondering how the hell Sam Wilson's voice appeared in their communication devices.