66 | hulk out

BEING pregnant was the absolute worst thing Lyra ever experienced

BEING pregnant was the absolute worst thing Lyra ever experienced. Not only did she have Bruce running tests on her constantly when he could not read the baby properly because of the regeneration wall in her body from Extremis, but she also had to stay home when the Avengers would go fight and destroy Hydra bases. They had no such luck with Loki's scepter yet, but a part of her hoped they would not be lucky until she joined them in a few months.

Along with the tests, she was growing bigger. She hated it. Thor enjoyed watching Tony's face when she would steal the clothes from all of the men around her. She could not fit into most of her clothes, so she frequently was seen in guys clothing as she grew and grew.

Another problem was Tony's rule to not leave the house. Of course, she had to at certain times, but she was given Natasha's facial changer because none of the Avengers wanted anyone to find out Tony Stark's fiancée was pregnant. Not only was she going to be in trouble because of Tony's fans and reporters, but Hydra could easily try and use her to threaten the Avengers if they got their hands on her.

This was the reason Happy was called to New York.

He was Lyra's person body guard even though she needed no protection really. The woman was pissed enough to take out a fully grown man if it came down to it, but she liked the company when the Avengers were away.

She was already a month pregnant during the fall of S.H.I.E.L.D., so seven months later, she was ready for the child to leave her. Tony had heard it enough in forms of, "You are never doing this to me again," in various threats. The others found this amusing, but Tony only rolled his eyes at her dramatics.

It was in August that Lyra was walking around the living room in shorts and one of Thor's shirts that was a dress on her even with her protruding stomach. Clint grabbed her arm when she tripped over the leg of a couch with a scowl on her face as everyone stood up to make sure she was okay.

"I'm fine," she promised with the largest frown they had ever seen on her.

"What's wrong?" Natasha asked as Clint helped her sit down.

"I don't know," she murmured, "Stomach hurts."

"Is it the child?" Thor asked worriedly.

Lyra snorted. "No. I hope not."

"Maybe Bruce should—" Tony started.

Lyra glared. "If Bruce does another fucking test on me, I'm going to Hulk out."

Bruce laughed at that along with the others, but Tony's eyes were worried as they stayed on her stomach.

Steve drank from his cup. "Where are we with the next base?" he asked Tony to get his focus off of Lyra. Lyra sent him a thanking gaze as she leaned her head onto Clint's shoulder.

Clint had mentioned that he and Laura were feeling the baby-fever since Lyra became pregnant. Laura found out she was pregnant a month ago. It was glorious to sneak calls to the woman to ask her how the hell she wanted to go through that three times? Lyra could never.

As the Avengers spoke around her, she bit her lip uncomfortably as another wave of pain went through her stomach. Clint noticed her flinch, so he leaned down to whisper, "What is it?"

"Don't know," Lyra murmured before gasping aloud. "Shit!"

All eyes went to her as she kept her eyes closed in pain. "Something's wrong," she said, and she could practically feel the nerves flowing off of everyone in the room. "I think I need a hospital," she said as she opened her eyes to see Tony gone. "Where did he go!?"

He returned with a duffle bag packed and a frantic look in his eye. He gestured to the door. "Well? Are we going!?"

Lyra let out a breathy laugh at his worry and anxiety before using Thor and Clint to stand. "Right behind you, Tone," she said sarcastically.

Steve stood as well as Bruce and Natasha. All of the Avengers squeezed into the elevator as Tony muttered things under his breath. Lyra found his hand, squeezing it gently as she felt another wave of pain going through her.

Tony drove recklessly with Natasha and Clint not far behind in their own cars with the others. When Tony made it into the hospital, there was no keeping it a secret as he screamed for his fiancée to get help with her baby! She could have sworn she saw a kid staring wide eyed as he typed on his phone.

Lyra grabbed Bruce's hand before she could be taken away. "I need you in there," she said seriously. "If it's something to do with the Extremis—"

"I'll be there. Come on," Bruce said quietly as they followed a frantic billionaire who was yelling for people to get a move on.

"This is humorous to watch," Natasha said as she kissed Lyra's cheek. "We'll wait out here."

Lyra nodded as Bruce and Tony helped her onto a wheelchair to be wheeled to the back.

Tony had to pull strings to get Bruce in the room with them, allowing him to gear up in case something was wrong and he had to help her in some way. As Lyra watched the other doctor check the baby, she frowned when he laughed.

"It seems like something is forcing the child out," he said with an awkward laugh. "What—"

"The Extremis," Bruce said, pushing the doctor aside. "It's a regeneration thing now, yeah? It knows the baby can survive on its own, hell, it probably soaked up some of its own regeneration powers... Your body is pushing the baby out just like it did that bullet. You need to get it out now before the Extremis accidentally kills it."

Tony waved his arms. "Well, get it out!"

"We need to prep her!" the doctor said, pointing at Tony. "Only one person in the room. You or Dr. Banner."

Lyra grabbed the doctor's coat with the meanest glare she had ever mustered. "You listen here and you listen well. I have a Hulk on stand by to kick your sorry ass if you don't let my husband stay in here with me. Hell, I have a whole waiting room of people to kick your ass. They both stay. We get it out now. Understood?"

The doctor nodded frantically.

Tony smirked, nudging Bruce. "I love when her anger isn't directed at me."