68 | strucker

TONY was lying on the bed with Charlotte on his chest as she listened intently to whatever story he had concocted that night

TONY was lying on the bed with Charlotte on his chest as she listened intently to whatever story he had concocted that night. It was the same every night since she was born until a few days ago when she turned one. Lyra leaned against the doorframe with a smile, glad to see the pair bonding. Charlotte was a daddy's girl through and through.

Lyra jumped and landed next to them causing Charlotte to laugh loudly. "Mommy," she squealed excitedly as Tony stared at the two women in admiration.

After Lyra's request to rejoin the Avengers to help look for Hydra bases, Tony had allowed her to go on periodic missions. It was nothing too terrible, but it was compromise. Sometimes they did, in fact, take turns so that Tony could spend time with Charlotte. Lyra enjoyed going out and kicking ass again.

The mission the pair were going on tomorrow was different from the others. It was off a country called Sokovia in the east, and Tony had already called Pepper in case they did not make it home that night. Happy was reliable, but Tony felt more comfortable with Pepper around. Lyra did as well.

Lyra leaned over to kiss Tony's cheek. "Is Princess Charlotte on a new adventure tonight?"

"Yup. Went to Paris for some fine dining when a dragon became her best friend," Tony remarked, tickling Charlotte's sides with a smirk when she laughed. "I think she loves me more."

Lyra rolled her eyes. "Sure she does. She told me she loved me five the other day," Lyra bragged.

Tony smirked. "I'll bet I can beat that," he whispered as they watched Charlotte's eyes fall down into a slumber. "I'm going to bring her to bed, then me and you can talk all about who loves who more." He kissed her once before leaving the room to bring her to bed.

The next morning, Pepper was helping Charlotte eat breakfast when Lyra woke up and made her way to the kitchen. She was not alone as Clint and Thor were eating and conversing with Pepper. Clint smiled tiredly at Lyra.

"Ready to kick ass today?" he asked.

"Ass!"

"Clint!" Lyra warned, "Watch your language in front of her!"

Pepper shook her head. "No, Charlie. Bad word."

Lyra smirked as Charlotte only laughed and threw a piece of toast at Thor's head.

"Lady Charlotte, that is the third toast you've thrown my way," Thor commented dryly, poking her nose. "Eat it instead of throwing it."

Charlotte stuck her tongue out at him.

He stuck his back at her.

"I'm living with children," Lyra told Pepper with a smirk as Steve made his way from the elevator from his floor. "Hey, Cap," she said as she neared him. "I spoke to Sam last night. No new leads on him?" she asked referring to Bucky.