77 | pietro

LYRA grinned when Rhodey, clad in the War Machine suit, flew from the Helicarrier to help kill robots and get the people safe

"Yes! Now this is gonna be a good story," Rhodey called through comms.

Lyra could tell Tony was grinning at his best friend. "Yep. If you live to tell it."

"You think I can't hold my own?"

"We get through this, I'll hold your own," Tony called as they flew together.

Rhodey sighed. "You had to make it weird."

Clint, Lyra, and Pietro were helping get people onto the boats. "All right, let's load 'em up! All right, here we go. Here we go, let's move. Let's go everyone!" Clint called.

Lyra blasted a robot away from a group of civilians, winking at the small girl she had saved earlier. "Pietro, protect that group!" she yelled, pointing as more robots tried to hurt the people.

Tony and Rhodey were flying in the air, keeping the boats that were flying back to the Helicarrier from being attacked. "I got it! Create a heat seal. I can... I can supercharge the spire from below."

"Running numbers. A heat seal could work with enough power," Friday responded.

"Thor, I got a plan!"

"We're out of time. They're coming for the core," Thor responded as Lyra looked around and saw that the robots were turning back.

"Rhodey, get the rest of the people on board that carrier," Tony commanded.

"On it."

"Avengers, time to work for a living!"

Lyra gasped as Pietro picked her up and ran back to the Church where the Vibranium core rested with the other Avengers were surrounding it. Once Pietro let go of Lyra, he gently grabbed Wanda's hand.

"You good?"

Wanda nodded. "Yeah.

Tony landed next to Lyra, flipping up his mask as he smiled softly at her. "Okay?" he asked.

"Yeah, you?" she asked, out of breath.

"Never better. You got a little something," he said, pointing to her face. She wiped it, grimacing at the blood. "Yeah. Beautiful. That's no question."

Lyra grinned as he stammered over himself. She grabbed his face and kissed him once. When she backed away, he smirked and let his helmet close. "Romanoff? You and Banner better not be playing 'hide the zucchini.'"

"Relax, Shell-head. Not all of us can fly," Natasha said as she pulled up in a large truck. She jumped off of it and ran to stand next to them. "What's the drill?"

Tony pointed at the core. "This is the drill. If Ultron gets a hand on the core, we lose."

Ahead of them, Ultron showed up. He stared at the group of Avengers with a smirk that only he could manage as a robot.