106 | 2012, new york

PIETRO coughed as he materialized in a random street of New York in the year 2012

PIETRO coughed as he materialized in a random street of New York in the year 2012. Tony grabbed his arm to keep him steady as they could see Chitauri snarling at the familiar circle up of the original Avengers. Pietro's eyes widened as a suit flew out of nowhere and attached itself to 2012 Lyra Redfield as she smirked at the creatures around her while blood trailed down her face. She looked confident. Young. Ready for battle. Her helmet fipped down, blocking her face from view.

"There she is," Pietro whispered as their suits were retracted. "She's badass."

Tony's eyes were on her as well. "Yeah, kid. There she is."

"All right, we all have our assignments. Two Stones uptown, one Stone, down. Stay low. Keep an eye on the clock," Steve said. 2012 Hulk passed them as he smashed everything in his path. Bruce placed a hand on his face in shame. Pietro sniggered as Steve added, "Feel free to smash a few things along the way."

Bruce began to rip off his shirt as he rolled his eyes. "I think it's gratuitous, but whatever." He stalked over to a car, lightly punching to make a small dent. He picked up a motorbike and threw it into a wall.

"Pietro, you're with me," Steve reminded as Tony suited up in his Iron Man suit for the first time in five years. Pietro nodded, speeding off. Steve sighed. "Doesn't know where he's going, damn speeding—" he ran off.

"Ready?" Tony asked Scott. Scott nodded eagerly before shrinking using his Ant Man suit. Tony made sure he had a good grip on him before flying up to see around the Stark Tower. "Got to hustle, Cap. Things look like they're just about wrapped up here," he said as he saw Lyra spinning around his past self before kissing him lightly on the lips. "This is hard to watch."

"Got it. We're approaching the elevator now," Steve said. "Don't talk to her, Tony."

"I know," he whispered back as he landed and walked into the room as his suit retracted. He was watching the back of their old selves.

"If it's all the same to you... I'll have that drink now," Loki said with a smirk.

Past Tony ignored him and looked at the rest of them. "All right, get him on his feet. We can all stand around posing up a storm later. By the way, feel free to clean up."

Lyra laughed, and Tony's heart clenched. "Yeah right. It'll be me cleaning this up later, Tone."

Tony smirked to himself as he watched himself squeeze Lyra's hips as he whispered something to her. His eyes moved to past Steve. "Uh, Mr. Rogers. I almost forgot that that suit did nothing for your ass."

"No one asked you to look, Tony," Steve called back.

"It's ridiculous," Tony muttered.

"I think you look great, Cap. As far as I'm concerned, that's America's ass," Scott countered.

"Oh, now, I want to compare," Pietro's voice broke through with a chuckle as the elevator opened to reveal Rumlow and Sitwell.

"Who gets the, uh, magic wand?" Natasha asked.