98 | to fight thanos

TONY walked to Lyra, placing a hand on her face

TONY walked to Lyra, placing a hand on her face. "He's coming. You need to put everything into the Extremis, okay, baby?"

"Okay," she whispered, and Tony kissed her once. "I love you, Tony."

"I love you, Lyra. Don't make this sound like a good bye. We'll get home."

"I hope so," she whispered as he kissed her again, noticing everyone staring at them. "All right, show's over," she called with a smirk, noticing the pain in Quill's eyes. "Hopefully, we find this Gamora." Quill nodded thankfully. They went over the plan one more time before they felt the ground rumble around them.

"Is that him?" Peter asked anxiously as a portal seemed to be growing.

"Hide," Strange said. Tony flipped his helmet down as Lyra followed. Peter and Lyra went behind a large rock as a purple, nut-sack chin looking man looked around until his eyes landed on Dr. Strange. "Oh, yeah, you're much more of a Thanos."

Thanos sighed. "I take it the Maw is dead. This day extracts a heavy toll. Still, he accomplished his mission."

Peter grabbed Lyra's hand in fear.

Strange shrugged as he sat on the steps nonchalantly. "You may regret that. He brought you face-to-face with the Master of the Mystic Arts."

"And where do you think he brought you?" Thanos asked as Lyra noticed Peter peak up. She pulled him down with a look.

Strange shrugged. "Let me guess. Your home?"

Thanos smiled. "It was. And it was beautiful." Thanos used his gauntleted fist and activated the Reality Stone to show Titan before it was destroyed. "Titan was like most planets. Too many mouths, and not enough to go around. And when we faced extinction, I offered a solution."

"Genocide," Strange offered.

"But at random, dispassionate, fair to rich and poor alike. They called me a madman. And what I predicted came to pass," Thanos said.

"Congratulations. You're a prophet," Strange said sarcastically.

"I'm a survivor."

"Who wants to murder trillions."

"With all six stones, I could simply snap my fingers, and they would all cease to exist. I call that... mercy."

Strange stood. "And then what?"

"I finally rest...and watch the sun rise on a grateful universe. The hardest choices require the strongest wills," Thanos said.

Strange summoned his magic. "I think... you'll find... our will... equal to yours."

"Ours?" He looked up to a see a chunk of wreckage descending rapidly on him. Tony was powering it as it landed on him and crushing him.

"Piece of cake, Quill," Tony called as Lyra and Peter jumped over the wreckage as the rest of the Guardians followed.