97 | guardians of the galaxy

THE ship was approaching a planet, and Lyra was watching with wide eyes

THE ship was approaching a planet, and Lyra was watching with wide eyes. On her left, Peter wrapped his fingers around hers, and on her right, Tony's. Lyra gulped, wondering how the hell they were going to defeat Thanos when none of them even knew what they were fighting. If he sent the Chitauri, he was powerful. If he had two stones like Bruce said, he was going to slaughter them.

Lyra was not very optimistic. She missed Steve at times like these where his speeches would come to play.

Letting her hands go from theirs, she narrowed her eyes at the fast-approaching planet. The ship began to shake. "Hey, what's going on?" Peter asked.

"I think we're here," Strange said.

"I don't think this rig has a self-park function," Tony said before he ran over to a large steering area. He looked at Lyra. "Get your hand into this steering gimbal. Close those around it. You understand?"

"Yep, got it," Lyra said, clicking her bracelet to have her suit form. She quickly placed her hand in it.

"This was meant for one big guy, so we gotta to move at the same time," Tony said as he hurriedly pressed his suit to form.

"Okay. Okay. Ready."

"We might wanna turn. Turn! Turn! Turn!!" Peter yelled as they realized this landing was going to be rough. Lyra and Tony looked at each other, trying to turn to save their lives. Strange created a shield around the four of them as they landed on the planet horribly. The ship did not stop as it went through the dirt causing Peter to yell out in fear. Suddenly, the ship was leaning on its side as it stopped.

Lyra saw the screen on the control panel. "Titan," she breathed as Tony was helped up by Strange. Peter fell next to Lyra to help her up.

Lyra's helmet flipped up to see Tony staring at her worriedly. "You okay, honey?"

"Fine," she breathed, keeping a hand on the metal rail next to her.

Tony glanced up at Strange. "You all right?" They were all panting. "That was close. I owe you one."

Behind them, Lyra smirked as Peter was hanging upside down using his webs. He looked like a spider. "Let me just say, if aliens wind up implanting eggs in my chest or something, and I eat one of you, I'm sorry."

Tony pointed at Peter. "I don't wanna hear another single pop culture reference out of you for the rest of the trip. You understand?"

"I'm trying to say that... something is coming."

Suddenly, a grenade rolled into view as Tony threw himself in front Lyra as both of their helmets flipped down. When the energy from the grenade blasted them back, Lyra's eyes widened as three people appeared in the doorway.

"THANOS!" the shirtless man screamed as he flung a blade at Strange, who deflected it with a mystical shield, and in return sent the cloak at the man's face. He was sent to the floor.