22 | clint barton

CLINT Barton swiped his legs near her ankles causing Lyra to fall to the ground without a second to even breathe after the three blows to the side and chest

CLINT Barton swiped his legs near her ankles causing Lyra to fall to the ground without a second to even breathe after the three blows to the side and chest. Her breathing was ragged and she was growing a bit ticked off as he stood with a mocking smile on his face. He outstretched his arm, ready to help her up as he said, "We have a lot of work to do, Redfield."

Lyra thought about Obadiah's face as she grabbed Barton's hand to knocked him to the ground with a loud grunt when his head knocked into the mat. He kicked her off, so they were both standing now. He brought his hand up to his head with a quirked brow. "Ow," he said simply.

Lyra wasted no time in attacking instead of trying to analyze his patterns as she tried to do before. She punched his side, but he got two onto her face. She brought her leg up to kick him, but he grabbed it, twisting her in the air and shoving her to the ground with another loud thud as she groaned in pain. Instead of lying there, she kicked her boot into his manly area that was too close not to kick it... he fell to the ground with a groan. She jumped onto him, keeping her elbow on his neck as a drop of blood fell onto his forehead.

He reached up with his hand, after struggling to pull it from her weight, and wiped the small bleeding cut on her cheek from her necklace when he spun her onto the ground.

He smiled before suddenly turning them so they were flipped with him on top. His legs were on her arms keeping her from moving. He laughed. "That was good. I thought you had given up at first—would make my job difficult." He stood up, offering her his hand, and this time, she took it. He looked to the side to see Agent Hill and Coulson whispering. "What do you think?" he called to them.

Coulson nodded. "She's got a lot of fight in her. I was worried... but she proved my thoughts wrong," he said.

"Agreed," Hill said.

Barton grabbed a towel from the table next to them before wiping at the cut on her cheek until it stopped bleeding. "I'll have a plan ready for when you return. We'll focus on hand to hand for a while before I let you have a gun," he said softly.

"Thanks, Agent Barton," she said.

He smirked, shaking his head. "After that? Call me Clint."

She watched him walk away, and she let a laugh leave her throat when Fury walked in with a shocked eye on her. "Well, damn, Redfield. I didn't think you had it in you."

"Everyone keeps saying that. Do I not seem the fighter type?" she asked as she grabbed the water bottle from his hand.

Fury shrugged. "I know better than to judge a book by its cover. You'll return in a week's time for your two week training period. After that, we'll send you home as we said with some work."

Lyra nodded as Fury left, gesturing for Hill to follow him. Coulson smiled tightly at her before also gesturing for her to leave the room. They walked a different way than the other pair. She saw other agents training and working on various things. When they stopped at an office, she saw Coulson's name on the door.

He went to his computer before scanning something from his drawer. Handing it over, she saw it was a S.H.I.E.L.D badge. He pointed to something on the desk. "Hand-print that so I can get your hand-print linked into the system, along with your name." She used ink to get her hand-print and she said her name three times in order to have the system collect her voice. "Mr. Hogan is waiting outside, yes?"

Lyra looked at her phone. "Jarvis?"

"Mr. Hogan is waiting where you left him."

Coulson nodded. "We'll see you in a week, Agent Redfield," he said, offering his hand to shake hers again. She smiled at the name before grabbing her badge along with some paperwork she could take home. As she was leaving, she saw a red-head talking to Clint, but when he saw her, he whispered something to the red-head to have her run off before she could see her face.

Clint fell into step with her as she found the elevators. "Who was that?"

"Agent Romanoff. A good friend of mine," Clint replied.

"Will I ever meet her?"

Clint smirked. "One day."

When they made it to the lobby, she noticed that he had a bow attached to his back. "Why the bow?"

Clint walked with her outside. "A preferred weapon of mine."

Lyra nodded. "I guess everyone has their own quirks. Will I learn how to use it?"

"Not this one," Clint said quickly, "but if you want to shoot a bow, I'll set it up."

Happy opened the door and ran around to open her door with a smile.

"Will he always be around?" Clint asked.

"No," Lyra replied, "Tony is trying to find my own bodyguard."

Clint laughed. "Let him know I'll watch over you while you're here."

Lyra smirked at him. "Is that supposed to make him feel better?"

Clint shrugged as he touched her arm and squeezed it once. "Be careful out there. The world is a scary place."

"With what I've seen in the past few months alone? I agree," Lyra said before smiling. "Bye, Clint."

He waved, nodding once at Happy's suspicious eyes. When she made it into the car, she noticed Happy was uncharacteristically quiet. Lyra eyed him warily as the sky became darker when night fell. "What's wrong, Happy?"

"He was a little friendly, wasn't he?" Happy muttered out.

Lyra laughed. "Clint? No, he's going to be the one training me. It wasn't like that!"

Happy let a chuckle leave his lips. "Just looking out for Tony."

Lyra looked outside the window with a smile. "No, Tony's it for me. You know that."