112 | celebrate

"EVERYBODY wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn't always roll that way

"EVERYBODY wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn't always roll that way. Maybe this time. I'm hoping if you play this back, it's in celebration. I hope families are reunited, I hope we get it back, and something like a normal version of the planet has been restored. If there ever was such a thing. God, what a world. Universe, now. If you told me ten years ago that we weren't alone, let alone, you know, to this extent, I mean, I wouldn't have been surprised. But come on, you know? The epic forces of darkness and light that have come into play. And, for better or worse, that's the reality Charlotte's gonna have to find a way to grow up in.

"So I thought I'd probably better record a little greeting... In the case of an untimely death on my part. I mean, not that, death at any time isn't untimely. This time travel thing that we're gonna try and pull off tomorrow, it's–it's got me scratching my head about the survivability of it all. That's the thing. Then again, that's the hero gig. Part of the journey is the end. What am I even trippin' for? Everything's gonna work out exactly the way it's supposed to. Lyra is going to come home to her daughter. Everyone is going to have the lives they wanted, not worried about a universe crumbling around them. I really hope we get her back. If not, if we fail, just know, I love you 3,000," Tony's voice played through a helmet as Pepper and Charlotte watched it. Charlotte had been in the shed again, and Pepper saw a familiar red dot flickering when Charlotte brought it inside. Lyra had told her once before that it meant Tony left a message.

Charlotte looked at Pepper as she cried. "Do you think they're okay?" she whispered.

"Everyone came back," Pepper said. "Something must have happened right, baby."

Charlotte leaned into Pepper's hold just as Pepper's phone rang. Pepper let out a gasp at Tony's name. "Tony? Tony what happened?"

"Bring Charlotte to the hospital down on Seventh, please," he said before ending the call. Pepper glanced at Charlotte before nodding once. Charlotte smiled bright as she ran to the car.

When Pepper and Charlotte made it to the hospital, her eyes widened at the horse and spaceship parked in the parking lot. She held Charlotte's hand as they walked into the hospital. It was almost humorous at the sight of every Avenger standing in the cramped waiting room. When their eyes went to Charlotte, they all stood at the same time.

Charlotte's eyes widened as she ran to Steve first. Bucky watched as she held onto Steve, and when she turned, she held him as well even though they had not met personally. Sam grabbed her with a laugh after, and she grinned as she called his name ("Falcon!") excitedly. She ran to Clint next, then, Pietro and Wanda. She cried as Wanda held her tightly. Peter smiled and hugged her next while stating, "You were half this size last I saw you."

Pepper hugged Rhodey when he walked in. "What happened?" she asked him as Charlotte was being introduced to the Guardians of the Galaxy along with Thor's friend. Her laughter was heard as Groot wrapped a branch around her hand in greeting. Bruce began to talk to her, explaining why he was half Hulk when she asked.