90 | pietro and wanda

WHEN the Stark family arrived home, they were surprised to see Pietro and Wanda sitting on the couch watching television on an old sitcom as if it was the most obvious scene they could participate in

WHEN the Stark family arrived home, they were surprised to see Pietro and Wanda sitting on the couch watching television on an old sitcom as if it was the most obvious scene they could participate in. Charlotte screamed bloody murder, running at them and tackling Pietro's legs.

Tony stared at Wanda with a sheepish expression as he dropped their suitcases by the door. Lyra immediately ran to them, pulling them in hugs before being pushed off by Charlotte as she wanted to hug them all to herself.

"You're not going to rat us out, are you, Dad?" Pietro said with a mocking smirk.

Tony scratched the back of his neck. "N-No, not at all. I'm just surprised you're both here. How? H-How'd Ross not find out?"

Wanda stood with Charlotte snuggling into her neck. "Pietro is fast. We were coming to New York anyway."

"Why?" Lyra asked, a permanent smile on her face.

Pietro rolled his eyes. "She wants to see Vision."

Pietro stood up, shaking hands with Tony before hugging Lyra again. "It's been hell, do you mind if we use your shower?"

Lyra scoffed. "Of course! Do you need me to do any laundry? Food? What do you need?"

Wanda smiled. "Laundry would be lovely."

Pietro kissed Charlotte's head. "Dibs on the shower."

He ran off in a blur making Charlotte squeal excitedly. Tony finally shut the door and coughed awkwardly. "I'm sorry for locking you in your room," he said finally.

Lyra smirked as Wanda nodded. "Oh, I know."

"I wanted to protect you."

"I understand."

"I was wrong."

"We all knew that."

Tony smirked, pulling her in for a hug. "I've missed you misfits."

Wanda laughed. "We have missed you both. When you sent the photo of Charlotte on the plane, Pietro and I decided we'd stop here first."

Pietro ran in with wet hair and wearing one of Tony's shirts and pants. He grabbed Charlotte right away, throwing her in the air. "Lottie, you wanna play?"

"Tag?"

Pietro smirked. "Yeah, tag."

This was the only time anyone ever saw Pietro run at a normal speed. It took a lot of willpower to get him to do it, but he loved making Charlotte think she caught him at a fast speed.

Wanda went to take a shower as Lyra and Tony went to pick up their clothes. Lyra started the laundry as Tony ordered dinner. That night, they had smiled more than they had in months. Pietro and Wanda were completely entrapped in love when it came to Charlotte. She even ended up falling asleep on the couch on Pietro's chest. He soon was asleep as well.

Lyra took a picture of it, sending it to the group. Look who came to visit.

Immediately, the Avengers protested since they longed to see the Stark family. It was hilarious when Sam and Rhodey were in an argument because Rhodey made a comment about seeing them whenever he wanted. Lyra smiled brightly.

"You know, Steve told me something the other day," Wanda said quietly as Tony went to shower. They sat in the kitchen drinking tea as the night grew later. "He said that when he met you, Agent Coulson said you were the best. When he asked what that meant. Coulson said the best friend, best confident, best agent, overall best person." Lyra's eyes welled up with tears as she thought about Phil Coulson. "Steve said after knowing you for over five years, he has to agree. Especially after you put all of us in a groupchat just to show off Charlotte because you know... you know we all did not want to fight. And because half of us are criminals, it's like a sacred rule to keep this chat private. There's no anger. No malice. Just sweet pictures of Charlotte to show the reason why we fought—why the Avengers fought all those years. So that she—all the children of the world—could have a better world to live in. That groupchat keeps us connected when we are so divided right now."

Lyra wiped the tears that felt. "Shit, I didn't mean to cry."

Wanda laughed. "I do want to add best mother to Coulson's list. To us and Charlotte."

Lyra laughed, wiping her eyes again before grabbing Wanda's hand. "Everything will be okay soon. You won't have to keep running. Steve will be able to come home. Sam. Bucky. Hopefully, Bruce and Thor return. I just want the world to go back to the way it was. Before everything was so hard."

"But the pain made us grow, yes?" Wanda asked.

"Oh, definitely," Lyra said. "I'm not who I was before 2008."

Wanda laughed. "Pietro and I are changing daily. We grow stronger. Better people. I've noticed Tony's change. He's completely different than he was two years ago."

Lyra nodded. "Definitely," she laughed just as Tony walked in. Both girls snickered.

"What?" Tony asked, going straight to the fridge. "I'm going to act like the conversation was not about me."

The next day, Lyra saw the news with a small smile. "Hey, Tone, look."

Man Spider Climbs Washington Monument

Tony hummed as his eyebrows furrowed while he read the story. "Good for him."

He went back to eating his breakfast. Pietro and Wanda were helping Charlotte eat, and both looked up with smirks when Lyra gave Tony a look after hitting his arm.

"What?" he asked, mouth full of cereal.

"Don't you think you should congratulate him?" Lyra asked with a roll of her eyes.

"Why?"

"Because he did good! He'd like to hear it from you," Lyra said with a scoff. "If he's going to be our fourth kid, you need to step up." Tony stuck his tongue out at her causing her to pinch his shoulder. "Tony, just call him."

"Why?"

"Because he doesn't have a father figure in his life. You'd make him very happy," Lyra said. "Now." She pulled his bowl of cereal away. "Or no more cereal."

Pietro sniggered, but Charlotte soon spilled her orange juice next to him. "Aw, Lottie!" Charlotte laughed and Tony pointed at him. "Karma, douche. Clean this up."

Pietro smirked, running quickly to get a towel. He cleaned it and made Charlotte more juice in under five seconds. Pietro winked at Tony. "Don't you have a call to make, Dad?"

Tony began to mock Pietro under his breath as he stood to find his phone. Wanda and Lyra met each other's eyes and laughed.