103 | model rendered

Start from the beginning

Tony frowned, hand reaching to caress her face. "I don't think it was taken that way."

"Because it makes me look like the one who's trying too hard, and you—you can have anyone you want."

"I just think you're overstating it. I only want you." Tony leaned in, hand holding her cheek. "Only you." His lips almost met hers, but she backed off.

***

"Are we going to try this again?" Tony asked, gesturing with one hand between the two of them. "I need to know before my brain explodes."

"What did you say that night?" Lyra asked with a smirk.

Tony thought for a moment before his eyes became brighter. "It has always been only you."

"Then, if you mean it, we'll try this again... but Tony, I want to take it slow. It's hard to think you'll just quit being the man you were with those women—"

His lips gently placed themselves on hers.

***

She sniffled. "You thought I was cheating on you?"

Lyra Redfield was an emotional drunk. It took a lot to get her drunk as her tolerance had built so high... but she had reached her limit that night.

Tony sighed. "No, Lyra. No, I know you'd never. I was just jealous, all right? Barton seems perfectly capable of taking a beating when I meet him, so it'll be settled then."

Lyra's eyes grew wide like a child. "No! Tone, you can't! He's my best friend—" she paused and shook her head. "No, Pepper's my best friend, but he's my best agent friend!"

Tony's jaw clenched as he nodded. He picked her up, and this time, she let him. As he walked to their bedroom, he sighed. "I'm sorry, I just get worried. I got you back... and I'm afraid to lose you."

Lyra snuggled into his chest. "You'd never lose me, babe. I'm yours till endgame."

***

She yelped when the bracelet grew to take form of a metal hand like on Tony's suit. Suddenly, the metal crawled up her arm around her body until she was covered from head to toe in her own Iron Man suit.

Tony watched with a smile before his mask flipped over. "Cute. Let's go. Jarvis, make sure she can fly."

Lyra yelled when a mask shot over her face and a screen popped up. She yelled, "Tony, this is a bad—IDEA!" She yelled the last word as Jarvis booted up her flight modules as Tony began to fly. He grabbed her waist to keep her steady as Jarvis directed her on how to fly.

"Great, test run was great. Now, we fly across the country. Ready, Ly?" Tony asked.

"No!"

"Let's go!"

***

Both Lyra and Tony made it to the missile, grabbing it from behind. Both grunted in pain as they wrenched it off its course. Tony sent his thrusters into full capacity.

"All right, let it go!" he yelled to Lyra.

Steve yelled, "Stark, you know that's a one-way trip?"

"I'm not letting go!" Lyra screamed back.

"Lyra, let it go!" Tony demanded as they started to go toward the portal.