97 | guardians of the galaxy

Start from the beginning

Lyra and Tony both went after the other man, sending blasts simultaneously at him as they flew out of the ship. Tony was magnetically pinned to a structure when the man sent something at him.

Peter was crawling backward frantically from the woman. "AH! Whoawhoawhoawhoa! PLEASE DON'T PUT YOUR EGGS IN ME!"

Lyra sent another blast at the man, causing him to fly backward as she turned to help Peter. Peter sent webs at the woman, but the man quickly went feet first into Peter.

"Stay down, clown!"

"Don't touch my kid!" Lyra screamed, landing on top of him as she straddled him and fired up her blasters at the man.

The man sent a punch at her, and she grinned just before getting cocky. He threw her off of him when Lyra was about to sent a final blast. She hit the rock behind her with a loud grunt.

"Die, blanket of death!" was shouted next to her.

Tony broke free of the magnet just as Lyra stood up and went after the other man again. Before she could, the man grabbed her by the neck and held a gun to her head. She had no idea what kind of weapons they had, but Strange placed a shield in front of Peter as the woman was cowering behind them. Tony stood over the man fighting with the cloak with his blasters out.

"All right, everybody, stay where you are... chill the F out," the man holding Lyra said, turning off his helmet. He looked normal enough. Human. "I'm gonna ask you this one time. Where's Gamora?"

Tony took off his helmet. "Yeah, I'll do you one better. Who's Gamora?"

The man under Tony's armor-covered foot called out, "I'll do you one better. Why is Gamora?"

"Tell me where the girl is, or I swear to you, I'm gonna French-fry this little freak," he screamed.

Lyra took off her helmet with a glare. "Say it again, ass wipe!"

"Oh, shit, you're a girl?" he asked.

"Let's do it! You shoot my girl, I blast him. Let's go!" Tony yelled as he extended a gun that looked like a shark. Lyra furrowed her brows.

"Do it, Quill! I can take it."

"No, he can't take it!" the woman screamed.

Strange looked bored. "She's right. You can't."

Quill laughed. "Oh yeah? You don't wanna tell me where she is? That's fine. I'll kill all four of you and beat it out of Thanos myself." He looked down at Lyra. "Starting with you."

Lyra lifted her hand as she let the fire flare up. She could easily break away from him, but she had a feeling they were on the same side. "Let's go, ass wipe. You have no idea who you're messing with."

Strange held up his hands as he took the shield off of Peter. "Wait, what. Thanos? All right, let me ask you this one time: What master do you serve?"

Quill looked confused. "What master do I serve? What am I supposed to say? Jesus?"

Lyra elbowed Quill, breaking from his grasp as she sighed. "You're from Earth?"

Quill kept his gun raised at her. "I'm not from Earth. I'm from Missouri."

Tony got off of the bare-chested man. "Yeah, that's on Earth, dip-shit. What are you hassling us for?"

Peter tilted his head. "So, you're not with Thanos?"

Quill dropped his gun. "With Thanos?! No, I'm here to kill Thanos! He took my girl–Wai–who are you?"