Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Kizzy.

'Five years ago I made the decision to walk away from my brother and sister. It wasn't easy but after all the drama involved in getting Lucky back, I knew that it was the right thing to do.

There would be no happy ever after for me also I'd constantly be walking on egg-shells in fear of upsetting Benita and being cast out again. It wasn't for me, no way.

So I rented out a tiny bedsit in Camden and got a job! I know right? A normal fucking job...who'd have thought it!

Somehow don't ask me how but I managed to charm an old Indian guy who was looking for someone to run his wife's Belgian Chocolate shop in Covent Garden. Obviously, I knew nothing other than they tasted pretty good, but that didn't seem to matter to Mr Khan. He liked me...his wife was a slow burner but I do like to think that I grew on her.

Anyway, so there I was Manageress (no one else worked there) of Loo-Loo's Finest Chocolates sitting on my arse for the majority of the day stuffing my face. I'm sure I had the odd customers but I was never rushed off my feet and one day I'd just finished my 5th Coffee and was looking out at the mews from my side window. It was normally pretty quiet at that time of the day then poof! A gush of wind blew in Peter.

He was a smart old guy with one of those posh wooden walking sticks that I had imagined only Victorian men would have used. I gave him the once over and looked away still very aware that he was watching me.

I didn't think too much about it, then the next thing the shop bell dings, and in he comes all twinkling eyes and walking like Charlie Chaplin.

"Can I help you?"

To which he replied, "I wish to purchase a box of your finest Champagne truffles for the most beautiful lady that I have ever seen."

"Ok cool, shall I do a mix of plain, milk, and white?"

He nodded laughing, "Oh most definitely, this lady is very special."

I went to work humming away, aware of his intense gaze.

Once the chocolates were packed I took great pleasure in curling the box with an elaborate pink bow. I bagged then handed them to him.

"£25.00 please."

He handed me a £50 note which always impressed me, then you can probably guess the rest.

It was a sweet welcome to the first day of the rest of my life...'