Chapter 62

Chapter 62.

Kizzy.

Well, two weeks have passed and no retraction in the Sun, my interview is due out today so if nothing else the world will know what a liar she is. Have to say though I'm not looking forward to seeing my picture splashed about but I guess it comes with the territory...I wonder what Dad...I mean the killer will think. Knowing him he'll love it. There seems to be a renewed rock star interest in him especially as they are charging him with Jed's murder. They also tried to add Tam Woodlouse to that but it fell flat as he was in prison at the time.

Benita seems to be growing bigger by the day, like how huge is this baby going to be? She seems delighted...me, I'd be pissed having to walk around like two-ton- Tess, but I guess it takes all sorts to make a world. Phoenix is turning into a real sparkler of a gem...How wrong was I about him! I think Dad's shocked him into a personality change. Still can't get used to saying the word 'brother' though.

For now, life is steady but I know it's not going to stay that way...the universe has plans for me.

Star.

She sat in her bedsit staring at the phone. No calls, surely that wasn't the end of any opportunities... She studied the picture of Kizzy in the paper and wondered what had happened to friendship. Small tears slid down her cheeks as she considered retracting her interview. She quickly dismissed the idea for fear of being a laughingstock.

Getting up she threw the paper across the room feeling that life sure had it in for her. She had imagined that after all she had endured in life, this would now be her time, but for now, a more pressing problem was how to avoid Kizzy. She had no passport, never had one in her life, and as for any other form of id, well Jed had hidden that and God only knows where.

Wracking her brain she considered running to Scotland but then her heart sank, she would miss London too much, but she held fast onto hope...something would work out.

Matthew. HMP

He looked up as a guard came into his cell. He was a newbie and easy to bribe. The door closed and he passed a copy of the Sun to him. Matthew slipped him ten pounds and smiled. It felt wonderful having a boost to his account. Since his escape and latest murder charges, he had been inundated with letters from adoring women only too willing to give him money. All he had to do in return was write them some bullshit now and again, maybe add a little hand-drawn picture and they were happy as flies around shit.

Women! He would never understand them as long as he lived. Once the guard left he picked up the paper and there she was, his little girl. His heart flipped, she looked so grown up then a flicker of annoyance scampered across his face...this was wrong, she wasn't supposed to age. Whoever had styled her had made her up to look like a tart. He rang a finger across her lips all the while imagining what it would be like to kiss them. For once, he really couldn't make up his mind whether he'd want her begging for her life and screaming or submissive and loving. He pulled out a pen and paper as soon as he had devoured the interview he would write her a letter and be sure to complain about her rudeness for not replying to previous correspondence...After all, a father is a father.

He speed-read the interview pausing to smirk when she defended him against the supposed rape of that street rat. His eyes lit up...she defended him, surely that must mean something.