Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Kizzy

"The kid's fine...she's well looked after." He says.

"So where is she?"

He doesn't answer. I notice that we're moving out of Central London. Signs for Heathrow start flying by. "We're going to the airport?"

He laughs mischievously, "Sorry no holiday this time but I do have a little camper off the beaten track...it's private, no one to bother us, you get me?"

"Hmm guess so..."

What's his fucking game then...

We continue along stopping and starting in the busy traffic. It's infuriating as I'm itching to get Lucky.

We eventually come in to Heathrow but instead of heading for the airport he drives along and turns into an empty field.

"So your Dad's a farmer?" I joke.

He laughs shaking his head, "No some old guy lets me park here in return for some odd jobs now and again."

He pulls up and orders me out pointing ahead. All I can see is a bleak wilderness...okay I'm being over the top but I'm annoyed now...and if I have to make a run for it I'm fucking miles away from anywhere!

I walk along behind him with my hands in my pocket he had better be taking me to Lucky if he knows what's good for him. The sky is slowly shutting down night is coming and with it comes a vast oasis of darkness that seems intent on sucking me inside.

I trail behind him feeling like the biggest fool ever, no doubt there is no Lucky... she's probably 6 feet under by now. He stops and waits for me to catch up then we continue in wary silence.

There is energy between us... A chemistry, a spell, whatever you want to call it and, it's sizzling disloyally. I MUST focus on Lucky!

Eventually, we come to the saddest caravan that I've ever seen. It stands wayward and lonely surely he doesn't live here...

He grins and gets his key out, "Home sweet home."

He offers his hand and I knock it out of the way and step inside. He switches the light on and I spot the huge dog cage. It has a blanket over it as if the occupant is too dangerous for human eyes.

"You don't strike me as a dog lover..."

He checks his hair in the mirror and turns, "I'm not."

I search his eyes wondering why he looks so fucking smug. Then a cold shiver runs down my spine.

"Where's Lucky? Where is she?"

He stretches over and pulls the blanket away. I gasp before composing myself. There she is little Lucky fast asleep with a blue Teddy and a dummy in her mouth.

I rush towards the cage and yank at the door, "You Bastard! Let her out of here NOW!"

He waves his hand, "Don't sweat it, she's had meds and will be out for at least another hour."

Drugged her...Like what?

A hot steam rises from behind my eyes. I am so going to kill him. If there is a God and he can grant me this one last kill then I promise to live the rest of my life as a good law abiding pedestrian.