Chapter 43

Chapter 43

Kizzy.

The Police are getting nervous, I can tell they thought this was going to be an easy surrender...ha they don't know Dad. The Paramedics have placed Star on the trolley and I can hear the click from the wheels as they rush her out. I wonder if she'll survive... Probably be better if she doesn't as her life is nothing more than a miserable bubble.

"Dad," says Phoenix, "Let her go."

Like what? Brother coming to my aid...

Dad grins and I swear that I've never seen him look more ugly.

"Aww how touching, you know son feelings are for the weak...the simple."

We all watch as he swallows, "You think she'd do the same for you...do you?"

Phoenix glances at me and shakes his head miserably.

"This little minx would stab you in the back many times to save her own skin. You're nothing to her."

I wince as he twists my neck and the negotiator lifts his hand, "Calm down Matthew..."

"Oh I'm calm," says Dad, "In fact, I've never been calmer."

Not so sure about that! His fingers are starting to pinch, "Dad! You're hurting me."

He sniggers like a naughty kid, "Well Sweetpea after all the hurt that you've caused me think of this as some kind of payback, You never heard me complain being locked up in that Hell hole so you know...take it like a man huh."

The negotiator takes a step forward his voice is soothing as if he is singing a lullaby to a baby.

"Put your daughter down so we can all sit and talk this through."

Dad stares at Phoenix and I swear if I didn't know any better I'd think they were up to something. He approaches Dad and moves out of the way as I am thrown forward. I fly fast whacking my head on the coffee table in the process. I lay there dazed as an officer looms over me. Someone else hoists me up and does his best to hurry me out. There's only one problem...I don't want to leave, I'm too invested in this and I need to witness for myself what happens. "Leave me alone," I mutter, "Leave me alone."

"You'll be ok love we just need to get you to the hospital to be checked out."

I shake my head and try my best to break free, it's impossible he's got a pretty tight grip.

"There are human remains!" shouts a voice rushing in from the garden.

God Jed's been found already. There is a huge commotion as I'm led out of the front door. I try to get a last glance at Dad but can't see him. Benita is sitting in a Police car. I give her a thumbs up and she looks away. Never in my life have I seen her so stone cold, this crushes me.

Benita.

They bring my sister out and part of me just wants to run to her but I can't, I just can't. She's brought a shitload of trouble to my door...Dad would have been devastated. How could she have allowed this to happen? And as for that skanky Star...need I say more?

I've told them that I've miscarried so the hospital will be my first port of call. Phoenix is still inside...what can be going on? Surely they just need to bring them both out? I just don't get it, anyone would think that her Dad is some Star Wars Villain...he's just a man.

I glance over at Kiz, I want her to be ok...I mean that's obvious she's my sister...I just don't know where our relationship will go from here. Something ugly's reared its head and right at this moment, I'm not sure it can ever be erased. All I want is Phoenix to be safe...crazy I know but he has my heart