Chapter 76

Chapter 76

Kizzy

Ok here goes...

Dear Dad,

Forgive me if my letter sounds stilted but I've searched my heart and am still at a loss what to say to you. I know I have a LOT to be thankful for but that still doesn't excuse the fact that you killed my two best friends and my dog!

They meant the world to me and no matter how hard I try I just can't forget...but I'm still your daughter. Just don't call me Melissa anymore she left when I was 14.

Kizzy.

Dear Melissa,

Now listen to me young lady, locked up or not I'm still your father and I deserve respect and gratitude...where is it?

Okay, your street-walker friends and the damn dog...does it really matter Sweet-pea? After all, they are dispensable and can easily be replaced. There are shiny toys everywhere all you have to do is LOOK, so stop feeling sorry for yourself and think of me, your poor Dad locked up for many things that he didn't do...where is justice for Matthew? On that note, I thought you'd be interested to hear that they are charging me with that Woodlouse murder. Darling I am actually outraged, I mean I have never even met the person, let alone heard of him. It's as if they want to dump every unsolved London murder on yours truly... so unfair and totally unethical.

So be my anchor, my much-loved hope, and cheer your Daddy up.

I await your reply with impatience.

Daddy.

Dear Dad,

I never said this was going to be a regular thing. I'm grateful for all the good luck that has come my way. I mean God...I have a brother, (who I'm getting on just fine with.) and my dear sister who has just had a baby.

You are and always will be my Dad but for now, all I want is to be left alone for a bit so I can figure out where I'm going in life!

Kizzy.

Dear Melissa!

So unbelievably rude! I will NEVER move out of your life my darling as you have proved time and time again how much you need me.

Now kindly reply or do me the long overdue curtsey of a VISIT.

Daddy.

I screw the letter up he's a pain in the arse. What to do about Daddy? what a fucking joke.

2 weeks later.

Kizzy

The phone rings and I don't pick up, I know it's Dad he's pretty predictable...if a letter campaign falls flat it's onto the calls. Knowing him he's probably got way more than one phone so what can I do other than accept?

For now, normality is trying to return but you know I'm on edge like I'm waiting for shit to happen. Not sure this will ever change... Now is the time to be happy and for the life of me I can't understand why I'm not, it's like I hold up a dark shield so no light can penetrate but I'm trying to crack it, I really am.