Epilogue

Epilogue.

Kizzy: 6 Months later.

I can't believe 6 months have flown by so fast. Lucky's turning into a right chubby chops, think I'll have to rename her Miss Piggy at this rate. Also, I'm doing a lot of extra shifts at the bakery just until B can get a solid routine going.

Dad is still around. For someone so outraged about all the extra charges he doesn't seem that mad. Knowing him he's thinking extra murders=more fans=extra money! There's always a motive somewhere down the line but for now, all I can do is accept things for how they are. It did make me laugh though, I mean Dad was inside when Woodlouse was murdered...how are they going to work around that? Anyway whatever huh, it's all hearsay in the long run...just look at how they tried to pin Star's murder on me ha ha.

At this moment I'm living the life that I'm supposed to be living. I work, I pay taxes and if I try hard enough I can almost forget that any of the other stuff happened. I'm realizing now that when I look in the mirror I will always see 2 people, but I've contained the dodgy one for the time being. I can't fuck up, I have to keep moving forward. Life is supposed to be normal and I need to devour that to achieve whatever it is that I want to do. Hard work is a great start.

Being an Auntie gives me focus and joy and my brother and I are closer than ever. For someone who's fucked up Dad sure had some amazing kids!

Kizzy: The bakery 12 pm

I've been rushed off my feet. The sky has weirdly darkened as if it's about to fall on top of everyone. Lunchtime customers flit in and out and I serve them all with as much of a smile as I can muster.

Not always easy!

"Can I help?" I ask a school kid who's chewing away on pink bubblegum.

He looks at me and points to the doughnuts and sausage rolls while placing £10 on the counter. I hand him his order and he hesitates as if scared he'll get in trouble.

"What is it kiddo I'm busy..."

He brings out a letter from his pocket, "Some guy asked me to give you this."

I snatch the letter, "What guy?"

But my stomach lurches as I read the words, 'Hello Janis.' I grab the boy's collar, "Who gave you this?"

He points out of the window just in time for me to see the back of Dante's head. FUCK. I drop the letter and the messenger scarpers.

"Can I get some service here?"

"Fuck off we're closed!"

I usher the remaining customers out and breathe deeply. I'm being sucked in again, I can feel it. The darkness is surrounding me, I'm not here or there, I'm everywhere and my life will blacken but the curtain will pierce and I will run as hard as I can towards the light.

There's always hope and as Dad always used to say, 'It ain't over until the fat lady sings.'