Chapter 47.

Chapter 47

Benita.

OK here's the deal, I haven't been allowed to see Kizzy yet but I will. Right at this moment I'm overflowing with caffeine but that's not what's given me turbo smiles...wait for it, I have been examined by a Dr, and he left no hole unturned! But the result is...I'm still pregnant! Yes I know, my reaction was the same but it's true. When he told me I was amazed to feel a little flutter of love inside of me and all I want to do is tell Phoenix.

At the moment he is being grilled but a detective told me in a subtle way that I needn't worry as nothing's going to happen to him and all he is guilty of is a terrible error of judgment. Looks like Kizzy's Dad is going to take the blame for everything and that suits the hell out of me.

I want to tell Kizzy too and I want her to be happy for me after all she's still my sister and I won't turn my back on her. After all, it's not her fault that her Dad's a shit, also I know I hurt her with my coldness but come on! I was in shock. It's not every day that your house is held hostage by a serial killer.

Right now I'm smiling and thinking about the Bakery and how a little one will bring joy to the place. Please let Phoenix be on board for this.

Phoenix.

I've been questioned for what feels like hours...it probably isn't though and I'm getting the distinct impression that they think it's down to me that Dad's been caught, (sorry Matthew, I must forget all this Dad nonsense.) Ha Ha yeah I'll take that. Not exactly true but in a sense. I'm more confident in going along with it especially as I know he's on his way to a secure lock up and I doubt very much that he'll ever be able to repeat this shit...then again I wouldn't put anything past him!

The only good thing to come out of all this is that I've lost that idol fantasy about him. He killed my Mum and I see him for what he is.

Benita.

The door opens and I brace myself hoping to see Phoenix, it's Kizzy. We both stare at each other unsure of how to act then we hug. It's weird for a second and even though she's as stiff as a board I feel a lot of warmth from her...I hope that she feels the same way.

She sits opposite me staring intently, "Something's up," she says as her eyes pierce into my soul.

I keep a straight face and shake my head but she's not buying it,

"Don't lie you've got a grin wider than a Cheshire cat."

"Ok, Kiz you've got me...looks like we're going to have a new family member after all."

I pat my stomach and she hesitates before breaking into a huge smile, "Call her Lucky," she says, "Even if it's a boy."