Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Kizzy : Caspers

I get back to my table flushed and uneasy. "Hey where've you been?" said Benita, "Loving this place!"

I look at her and smile taking my seat, "Sorry felt a bit queasy...what's going on? Caught any fish?"

She bellows someone's getting tipsy, "Oh yeah loads! God some of the things they're saying though good job Phoenix is not around!"

Ok then... I twiddle with my hair uneasily, normally she'd notice straight away but not tonight. Subtly I look around the bar, he's gone but I know he's still here watching...this can't go on.

My eyes lock with an Italian guy two tables away, he waves pointing to his phone. He's kind of gorgeous but I turn away somehow my mood has died. Thanks Dante.

Benita signals for another pitcher, wow at this rate I'll be carrying her home Phoenix will go ape-shit.

The phone rings and we both look at it. "It's ringing again," says Benita scanning the room.

I nudge her, "Well answer it then."

"No fucking way, you answer it."

"Na you..."

She prods me, "Go on. You have to do what I say as I'm getting MARRIED."

How could I possibly forget?

I pick up the phone, "Hi lover-man, what can I possibly do for you?"

A silent breath followed by "Well that depends Janis...did you like what I did to you?"

I stand up with the receiver in my hand frantically looking around.

"What?" says Benita, "What is it?"

"That fucker's here!"

By now there's too many people to notice any one person. "Where the FUCK are you?" I shout into the receiver.

He chuckles and I'm sensing shades of my Dad...FUCK!

"Ah, I like a bit of mystery, raw danger excitement to get your heart thumping..."

Benita grabs my arm, "Kiz, what? Who is it?"

I look back at her in frustration, "Fucking Dante."

We both look around all of a sudden feeling an ominous chill. People laugh, some shriek but to me, they no longer look real, every face is the same, evil, dangerous. I feel a gate rising up around me and I know it's time to leave.

I slam the phone down and it rings again immediately, I pick up, "Why don't you do me a favour and fuck right off!"

A strange voice titters, "Aw I'm sitting opposite you...just wanted to chat you're beautiful babe."

I look in front and see some guy waving, ugh babe...major turn off. "Piss off will you!"

The line goes dead and I smile uneasily at Benita. I'm rattled...he knows he's rattled me and I don't fucking like it.