Part 13

Chapter 13

I giggle. That was easy pickings. It never ceases to amaze me how stupid men are. I had taken him to Hyde Park, past my secret hideout, and over the bridge where I well and truly worked him over. He had been like mush in my hands as I demanded that he drop his pants and trousers (which he had no problem doing). Money was exchanged, but I noticed that he handed over the payment quite reluctantly. Quickly I'd counted it before stuffing it inside my trainer.

"What are you going to do to me?" he'd gasped covering himself with his hands, his breathing rapid. I'd bit my lip to stop myself giving the game away.

"Turn and face that wall"I'd snapped. "And I want you pressed into it."

He'd complied and I chuckled. Walking up behind him his breathing had quickened. Slowly I'd pulled the knife from my trouser leg and traced the blade down the side of his face. A Crow observed from the tree tops, beady little eyes enjoying the show. The traffic gleamed in the distance seemingly miles away. He'd swung around highly agitated and I held my hand up.

"OK playtime finished. Just hand it over and you won't get hurt."

"What? Hand what?" he'd spat as an angry heat erupted down his neck.

I sighed heavily really not in the mood for any dramatics.

"Your wallet dummy! Now give it over before I lose patience."

I'd watched him like a hawk while he felt inside his coat pocket. He had looked in fairly good shape and could easily have overpowered me, but the knife had my back. He'd handed it to me, his eyes blazing with fury. I smiled triumphantly emptying the contents, before tossing it back.

"Now I want you to turn around and count to twenty. Then you can get dressed and go on your way."

"How am I supposed to get home?" he whined.

I shrugged. "Don't you guys have credit cards?"

He'd looked like he wanted to strike me but thought better of it. The state of my face had still managed to illicit a smidgeon of sympathy.

"Now get counting," I'd ordered "And one more thing, have a great evening."

"Bitch," he hissed.

Then I was off but the funny thing was I didn't actually go far. I ran along and dived into my hedge-haven. Most of the ducks were asleep. A few looked up briefly before closing their eyes again. Sitting down I'd peeped through a spy hole just in time to see Robert dash past desperately trying to do up his trousers, muttering away. A huge smile spread across my face. It was moments like that which reminded me how good life could be.

The night air sharpened my senses as I made my way back to Soho. I pass by Todd's, delighted to see that he has left a carrier bag full of goodies by the back door. The shop is closed so he must have got tired of waiting. I cheerfully pick up the bag and make my way back to Piccadilly to catch the bus home.

There's no sign of that idiot Gale. I really can't be bothered as long as I'm ok that's all that matters. Feeling the urge to walk I get off the bus a few stops early and head towards Waterloo. My eyes light up the darkness like a cat. The money is sticking to my feet and I wonder how much is there. I hadn't bothered overly counting, but I'm hoping for a nice surprise. Sleek black taxis' and roaring red buses swim along the shiny river that is London life.

'My home,' I think warmly. I hesitate as a cab pulls over on a dimly lit corner. Several bin bags are thrown out before the driver speeds away. Curiously I approach wondering if there is anything that I can make use of. Many people fly tip and occasionally I get lucky.