Chapter 65

Chapter 65

Star: Evening

She hung up the phone trembling wondering how much money that fucking Dante thought she had. It was a ridiculous situation, she had foolishly thought that with a little bit of good luck, and a little bit of exposure her world would open up but no, as per usual there was some scum ready to slap her back down and remind her that she was nothing and would always be nothing.

Her mind switched to Kizzy and she wondered if she could trust her and if she would come through for her. That was the least she could do...apart from that little blip Star considered herself a loyal friend, it was always men that had been the problem. She looked around the bedsit feeling miserable... to go from the Hilton to this was truly heartbreaking. How the mighty had fallen.

Her thoughts jumped to Dante who obviously would not be satisfied until he had drained every last drop of blood. She knew she wasn't a killer but she could be if pushed. Kizzy was a totally different kettle of fish she saw it shining out of her eyes the first day that they met.

But the now problem was Dante, in many ways, he was making Jed look like Mother fucking Theresa. She shrugged giving a half-hearted smile, what she had planned wasn't so bad, he was the bad one trying to blackmail her...so now she needed to plan, make a date, get knives, rope...She had no idea how Kizzy would kill him but she wanted to be well prepared. Fleetingly she considered drugging him then dismissed the idea, something told her that he was much too on the ball for that shit.

She picked up a pen and quickly began to sketch out a plan:

Call Dante, and tell him the money is waiting.

Act friendly, and fix him a drink.

Wait for Kizzy.

After, leave the body in flat and run.

Run certainly did not seem like much of a plan but she really didn't know what else to do. Kizzy did not want her and she couldn't stay in London...so what then?

Picking up the phone she decided to make the date with fate next Tuesday, her least favorite day of the week. All he had to do was agree and then she could tell Kizzy.

Kizzy: Saturday.

I'm in bed thinking, something's telling me that Star will call today. I fast forward my own scenario and have no doubt that things will go well...after all, justice for right! Right is Might and all that shit.

Later on at work, I'm rushed off my feet, I feel anxious and exhilarated. Thinking back to my life in the box it all seemed a lot less complicated. All I needed then was Gayle and Lulu and money...yet I always felt that my life was difficult and hadn't had any more pressing thoughts than distant dreams which even then I knew were probably pie in the sky. But you know belief always kept me going and look at me now...tamed by normality and burnt by a serial killer Dad...is there still hope?

Benita pops her head in from around the back, "Go for a break," she says looking at me all concerned. I swear sometimes that girl can read my mind.

"Thanks," I say gratefully while pouring a coffee and going to sit by the window. Time for curtain-twitching!

Star.

She hummed away to herself, this would go well, she just had to contact Kizzy. Using a red marker she ticked everything off her list. Her bag was packed, her purse had money, and all that she needed was for the plan to jump into action.

She picked up the phone and dialed the bakery. Benita answered and she frowned thinking that was not supposed to happen...

"Can I speak to Kizzy?"

Benita hesitated, "Who is this?"

"Star."

The line went dead, what a Bitch!