Chapter 18

Chapter 18.

Kizzy.

The day has dragged on like crazy. B didn't show up so I've literally been on my feet all day in between ringing her around 20 times. I think she's pissed off at me now so I'll leave it for the time being. She don't realize that I'm only trying to help, I think being pregnant has turned her brain funny. Uugh the thought of a squealing brat...his squealing brat is making me feel sick. I know it's not very charitable but fuck it Todd would have probably cut the guy's balls off!

I'm sitting staring out of the window, my sketch pad is in front of me and I'm just doodling. One eye is keeping a lookout for Star. The street corners seem hauntingly empty, I wonder for a moment if she's dead.

When I was on the streets I had it all sewn up. I was street smart, fast, and had an appeal that you just can't buy from makeup or hair dye. My innocence made me money, a lot of money, because let's not forget that most men are pervs. If you come across a good one then my motto is to be suspicious, very suspicious. And to this day I still stand by that.

Star for all her sweet side has no appeal, no allure, not being mean but she's just a beige cardigan. Ten a penny and her time is more or less up. Really she's lucky to have had so long...I wonder if she has any secret savings like I had...ha, I'd be surprised. She still has a smidgeon of a chance though, that's if she can make it away from pimp face. For the life of me, I just can't get my head around her obsession with him! Maybe he's good in bed but then again in that business that don't mean shit, most of us hate sex, me included and I'm all kind of respectable now.

I turn over a clean page in my book and I draw a line of two columns to show B. Pros and Cons regarding her baby seed.

I seem to be adding Cons faster than a bolt of light, not too many Pros yet. I must think of a couple so I don't come across as biased.

PROS.

5% chance of growing to love it.

CONS.

Way too young!

Too expensive!

Too noisy.

No more social life!

Too exhausting/ Ugly/ Dirty/ Stinking/ Ungrateful.

I feel a bit guilty writing ungrateful...can a baby really be ungrateful? Then I remind myself it is Phoenix's kid we're talking about! Sure it can, it would probably have horns sprouting from the head!

I fold the list away, slipping it into my jeans pocket, and get back to work.