Chapter 46.

Chapter 46

Kizzy.

There is a loud commotion so I'm guessing that they're bringing Dad soon. My heart is racing and for the life of me, I just don't know why. Right now I feel as if I'm floating in limbo. I look up as around 10 Policemen bring him out. You'd never guess from his appearance what's gone down, he looks calm and serene and I'm wondering what he's up to...or maybe that's just him, I mean it's not as if he's normal is it?...whatever that means!

"Melissa!" he shouts before turning to the officers, "Surely you won't deny me the right to say goodbye to my little girl..."

They push him forward to one of the many Police vans. Then I betray myself, you know I've never been one of those types to stay on the right path, "Dad!"

He turns and gives me such an intimate look of love that you'd be forgiven for thinking our relationship was something more. I can feel my face redden so look away. He climbs into the van while loudly informing whoever would listen that they have nothing on him. This does make me giggle, oh yeah Dad...nothing but a prison escape and God knows how many murders! If that's nothing then I wonder what something is...

Once Dad is secured I continue to bite my nails until at long last they bring Phoenix out...my brother. He looks pale and shaken, all the bravado from before vanished. I wonder what else has gone down as he's limping and has a cut under his eye. I wonder where our relationship will go from here...

I tap on the window and he slowly lumbers towards me. "Can I talk to him for a minute?" I ask the Cop who then winds down the window. Fuck that! I open the door and stand warily before him then we throw our arms around each other. He's actually crying! I'm moved and know that whatever happens in the future I have my brother and he has me.

Matthew.

He is on his way back to the clink and humming softly. It was not the ending that he had envisaged but at least he had left his mark and caused a hell of a commotion which he always enjoyed. In his mind, if you did not cause drama then you would simply fade away and not be remembered. He was in no doubt that he would always be a name that would make people talk. He smiled dreamily envisaging all the lurid headlines, so much bigger and better than before, wonderful.

His heart lurched slightly at the thought of losing his daughter once again but he was determined not to worry. He would get her back one day and this time without the help of his useless son. What a letdown he had proved to be and if truth be known... it irked him that his son was better looking than himself. Just thinking about the comparisons made him shudder. His heartbeat quickened and his face flushed in a jealous rage so he made a mental note to kill him if he ever got the chance. His mind switched back to his daughter and he felt his erection grow. Jumping between her and Benita the images became more vivid. God he couldn't wait to get the bloody cuffs off. A vibrant imagination was a beautiful thing. He sat back and closed his eyes.