Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Star left the house feeling a lot more upbeat. A spring bounced in her step as she trotted along. Fuck Stan Woodlouse, she was going back to what she knew best. Porn was definitely not for her, she knew that now. In a sense, she found it immoral and wanted no part of it. Things would work out with Jed this time, she was certain.

Kizzy.

I'm reading Star's letter in disbelief. Ok then, it's back to Pimp face. I can't help feeling a bit disappointed I mean I thought she had finally seen sense...obviously not. My mind drifts to Benita, pregnant and I pray that she doesn't tell him. She won't be keeping the baby especially if I've got anything to do with it. It would be a complete disaster.

I think about my Dad and wonder what life is like locked up day after day. Knowing him he'll cope just fine... best place for him, wish he'd just piss off out of my head.

Three Days later.

Tam stared out of the window with his hands in his pockets. His expression was grim, Star had let him down badly. He'd invested time and money and what had she done? Gone, vanished, no contact, no nothing. He was put out, but not completely upset after all he still had all her earnings, and for the time being he had every intention of hanging onto them.

The streets of Kensington were busy and he fought back an uneasy feeling before going into the kitchen for a coffee. He planned to place all Stars tapes in a safe, you never know she could make it one day and then he could make a fortune selling them to the press.

Hello Again.

Star and Jed loiter outside the Kensington complex. Jed's smile is positively beaming, "You certain you was living here babe?"

She nods proudly, "I sure was and  like I said he owes me a wad...said he was going to make me a star."

He pats her hand, "You're already a star to me."

She glows inside surely this is a sign of his love.

Jed touches her bruised face softly, "But keep in mind he let you down didn't he?"

Star looks at the ground but he lifts her chin, "You know I'll always be here for you don't you...that's why you came home."

"I know that Jed."

Both of them turn to the door and press various entry buttons, some random person buzzes them in and they push their way inside.

"You know the way don't you?"

Star takes his arm and hurries him towards the carpeted stairs. She mounts the stairs two at a time until they get to the fifth floor then they amble along until they are standing outside Tams flat.

"Ok, says Jed, "You knock on the door, make him think you're coming back and I'll push my way in."

Shaking slightly but doing her best to disguise it she knocks at the door with a fake smile plastered to her face. This is fine she tells herself, all will be okay. There is a slight delay until she hears footsteps, the lock clicks then the door is pulled open.

"Oh you're back," he says grudgingly trying his best to frown.

"Baby I've missed you." She throws her arms around him just as Jed shoves his way in and slams the door.