Chapter 27

Chapter 27

Kizzy

"Just give up!" I shout, "They're coming for us, it's all over."

Lucky wails louder.

"I can't hear myself fucking think!" he screams, clearly losing it.

I hold Lucky away just in case he lashes out. Right at this moment I wouldn't put anything past him. I open one eye timidly, London is in no way set for speeding, if he doesn't pull over soon we're seriously going to crash.

Faces race past and I feel as if I'm witnessing my own end of life review. Sirens are wailing now...surely they'll block us off...

"Dante it's over! Fucking let us go!"

He grits his teeth and keeps going. Heading down Piccadilly towards Victoria, cars, buses, and taxis swerve blasting their horns, one bus crashes into the window of Fortnum and Masons. Jesus I can hardly breathe, it seems like all of London is screaming 'Give up the fucking ghost!'

I hold on tighter to Lucky who's understandably showing no sign of calming down. I try my door having a mad idea that I could maybe leap out with her...it's locked. There is nothing more that I can do other than sit tight and see it out.

I blink rapidly as two more Police cars appear from a corner seemingly out of nowhere.

"I could have loved you!" he shouts, angry tears running shamelessly down his cheeks.

"Let me go then...and Lucky. Please just throw us out and drive off."

He laughs wildly before turning into a side street. A lonely warehouse stands before us. It reminds me of a huge box. He picks up his gun, "Get out!"

I lift Lucky and he snatches her roughly, "NO! I'll take her." Falling out of the van he looks up as an army of Police cars approach. He holds the gun to Lucky's head and indicates that I should walk towards the warehouse door.

The lock has already been broken, he has obviously been here before. He shoves me inside and throws Lucky down. I run to her as he barricades the door.

'What now?'

I look around at the sparse surroundings, this is worse than crazy...what would Dad do?

He snatches Lucky back and sits on an old mattress. We can hear loud- speakers. The Police are loving this, I can tell, the drama is feeding them, fuelling their macho instincts

"Come out with your hands up, we have you surrounded."

Then another voice,

"Open the door Dante then we can talk. Just let us see Lucky so we can check that she is ok."

'Charming...what about me?'

He shouts through the door, "She's fine. Not opening the door...you're going to lock me up. Don't bullshit me!"

"We can talk about this but first I need you to open up."

"Dante please!" I scream. I'm seriously going to freak out.

He cocks his gun at Lucky's head and she vomits all over him. I swallow back a giggle. I've never been able to grow out of laughing in serious situations...Bad habit I know...shoot me haha.

She looks at me for help and I feel so bad. I daren't make a move in case he pulls the trigger...How the fuck did I get here?