Chapter 64

Chapter 64

Kizzy.

I point to a chair and she beams gratefully. I lock the door and sit opposite her. "Come on then let's hear the bullshit."

"Kiz I'm sorry, I really am..."

"Like I said before, sorry don't cut it, now if that's all you can fuck right off."

Her face reddens then she lowers her voice, "If you help me this one last time then I promise I'll be out of your life forever."

I lean back, "Forgive me if your promises don't mean shit...out with it then, what do you want money?" I laugh, "If so forget it."

She shakes her head hard in a bid to slow the tears, "It's not money."

"Well, what then?"

She inhales then exhales slowly, "I want you to help me kill Dante..."

Jed's brother, what? "Listen Star I don't even know him...and why on earth would I help you?"

She looks at me imploringly, "Friendship."

What a fucking nerve, yet as she speaks grasping for the right words my wheels are in motion. This could work out just fine. The universe is at work and all I need to do is jump aboard. I force myself to smile, not too wide mind, don't want her thinking that she's forgiven.

I listen to her reasons rolling my eyes and nod, "Arrange a meet and we'll see."

I stand up, she's had her time. I watch as she swallows hard, her brain ticking over wondering if she can trust me. Well, Star you'll just have to take the risk.

"Can you come to my place? I can easily get him there...we could like do it together."

"Whatever Star, now I've got work to do."

She grabs my hand, "Are we ok Kiz?"

I smile, "Better than ok. It's all good."

She looks relieved and heads towards the door, "I'll be in touch then..."

"Sure, I'm waiting."

After she leaves I feel as if I've just been given a huge present. All will be well. I imagine Gayle giggling on one side and Lulu frowning on the other. No matter, this will be neat, Dad really should take note. I guess I'll have to show him how it's done.