Chapter 31

Chapter 31

Kizzy.

I notice the fire engine, the way the men run to unravel the long snake of a hose... their helmets making them the image of space monsters...disorientated, I then see Benita...my beautiful sister. My eyes mist over as I realize that this is probably the first time that I have ever felt real love.

I stumble towards her and she runs to greet me, almost tripping up. We stop and stare at each other and Lucky reaches for her. I hand her over happy in the knowledge that she'll be just fine. Me? Well, I have burns from Hell on my legs and arms...but I'll survive. I guess it's a punishment for being so wayward...and Dante? Unless they get him out pronto he'll be nothing more than a black crisp.

"Thank you," whispers Benita, "Thank you Kiz...I..."

She's obviously expecting me to fall into her arms but I walk away towards the ambulance. I will never go back to her. That fantasy, that normality is finished. From now on I'm going to accept who I am and live my life without compromise.

I am Kizzy Fly by Night, daughter of Matthew Rhodes, London, Serial Killer. If I survive, the streets will welcome me back with open arms. And I'll vow never to mess up someone's life again...or hurt them...unless they deserve it.

Epilogue to follow.