Chapter 56

Chapter 56

Kizzy.

"And your Dad... How did he fit into your life? Must have been very hard..."

God, What a probing shithead.

"Yes it was, that's not what I'm here to talk about though..."

He leans forward as if he's going to grab me, "But you do realize that you're in a unique position to tell the readers how dreadful it was...and it might explain why you latched on to someone like Star..."

"He's got nothing to do with it...he's just a dad in name, there's nothing of him left inside me apart from indifference."

Bill leans back. He can see that I'm not the pushover that he was expecting. "Ok, fair enough, well tell me if he and Star had some sort of relationship going on that perhaps you weren't aware of?"

I shrug, "No idea but I very much doubt it."

He smiles, "And can you see yourself and Star ever patching things up?"

I stand up quickly as if I've been stung, "Not a chance in Hell."

He gestures for me to sit back down, "So have any plans to see your dad then? Guess he'll find it a lot harder to escape now haha."

God, what's wrong with this jerk? "Look I've got nothing to say about him, If you want more then get back to your boss to up my money."

I gulp my coffee down then add, "You can put this on record though, Star is a lying bitch. Nothing she said is true, nothing, and if I see her in the street then she'd better watch her back!"

He smiles smoothly, "If I was her I'd take the hint I wouldn't want to cross you."

He nodded at a girl on a nearby table who grabbed her camera, I guess a photo was part of the deal.

Matthew: HMP

Banged up like a common criminal! He sighed...so much for freedom it had been good while it lasted. He picked up the newspaper that one of the guards had thoughtfully slipped into his cell, no doubt hoping to incite some sort of reaction.

He held it up and sneered. The Sun's standards were slipping. fancy putting a dirty whore like her on the front cover. He scanned the headlines and eagerly turned to the first page. As he read on his frown deepened. The mere thought that anyone would think that he'd tarnished himself by raping that tart was laughable. Ugh. He shuddered, now if it had been his precious daughter that would have been a completely different story.

Star,

She paced around her hotel room biting her nails more than aware that she only had two paid days left in the hotel then she'd have to leave and then what? She would not be safe and at high risk from Kizzy unless...The Sun could persuade her to do a joint interview to break the ice and pave the way so that she would not have to keep looking over her shoulder. Geeing herself up she reached for the phone.

"Please God grant me this one last wish and I promise I'll never ask for anything again." She whispered with two fingers crossed behind her back.