Chapter 536: Continuous Siege, Burn Ointment

For a whole day and night, the offensive of the Xia army continued one after another, the soldiers did not seem to be tired, wave after wave, on the other hand, the Qin army, they were limited in number, and they had to hold the three closely connected cities at the same time, plus the mental pressure brought to them by the endless harassment of the Xia army some time ago, after a night of hard fighting, the next day the Qin army was obviously a little unable to bear it.

"Yang Shuai, it's not a way to go on like this, they have a lot of people, obviously they are replacing the siege with a fixed rhythm, but we don't have people to replace, and the tung oil is almost consumed, and if it goes on like this, it will drag us to death."

Seeing that the morale of the army sergeant was getting lower and lower, Liao Pengcheng, who was responsible for guarding Hanyuan City, found Yang Tiancheng, not to mention the soldiers who fought day and night, even the two commanders were also full of fatigue.

"They just want to drag us to death, the problem is that we have no reinforcements, and the people do not support it, just now I received news that the merchants who used to provide our tung oil refused to supply tung oil anymore, according to my people's repeated knocking and questioning, it seems that the Murong family has mixed a foot in it."

Yang Tiancheng held his head and said uncomfortably, if they can't continue to purchase tung oil, they will definitely not be able to hold these cities, if they retreat, other cities will not have such a natural defensive advantage, and the people, they are dedicated to Shen Liang, hoping that he will return to Daqin, he will definitely work with them, and then their situation will undoubtedly be more difficult.

"Murong family? Didn't they fully withdraw to the Xia Kingdom more than a year ago?

Liao Pengcheng's face was even more ugly, the situation was already unfavorable to them, but he didn't expect that a Murong family suddenly appeared, he didn't know anything else, the financial strength of the Murong family was definitely quite terrible, and it was no wonder that Xia Guo could support so many armies to fight on all fronts at the same time.

"That's just the surface, the Murong family has stood in Daqin for more than a hundred years, and the foundation is rich, how can it be as simple as what we see on the surface? Besides, businessmen pursue profits, as long as the Murong family promises our tung oil suppliers, and opens the Xia Kingdom and even the Wei Kingdom market for them in the future, do you think any fool will refuse? "

The victory of a war, in addition to the bravery of the soldiers and the strength of the commander, must also pay attention to the right time and place, the Xia country has many powerful people, elites, and the financial support of the Murong family, even the people of their own country are towards them, and they, the grain and grass do not know if there will be a day when it will be broken, and blame the emperor and the emperor for doing too ruthlessly and offending the Murong family to death, otherwise they are Qin people, And how can it be possible to stand against them?

"It's useless to say that now, in terms of tung oil, we may be able to play His Majesty and ask him to let the military department raise it on our behalf, the question is, how do we support the military department to send tung oil for us, and we can't blindly rely on tung oil."

Liao Pengcheng sighed deeply, it was useless for them to entangle what they had lost, now they could only focus on the current situation, Xia Guo was clearly going to violently seize the three cities, and how to break the death in front of them was the most important.

"Ben Shuai has already asked people to send back the army report in an urgent manner of eight hundred li, but Liao Shuai, let's not get up with too much hope, now we only have two choices, either to fight to defend the city after the tung oil is exhausted, and we can hold it day by day, or abandon the city and retreat, retreat to the next city to replenish the source of troops, and let the soldiers rest for a while before fighting."