Chapter 469: Accident, A Group of Little Beggars

Compared with the suffering of the people of the Qin State, the people of the Xia Kingdom are much better, although most of the people here are the dead Chu people, and they have all been baptized by war a few years ago, but Pei Yuanxian is a good emperor, even if he is not in the country, he still promulgated a lot of policies to benefit the people, and the people who are waiting for the dead Chu are like the people of the Xia Kingdom, unlike the northern country who just invaded the city and did the slaughter of the city, so that the dead Chu people quickly forgot the pain caused by the war, slowly accepted the fact that they were already the people of the Xia Kingdom, and restored the production and labor force that they should have, He lived a peaceful and prosperous life of self-sufficiency.

In fact, the people are very simple and realistic, they don't care who the person sitting on the dragon chair is, they only care about whether the person on the dragon chair can bring him a stable and prosperous life, the original Chu royal family has been fighting for years, exhausting the national strength, the people's life is not very good, and today's Xia royal family, the first year of occupying the dead Chu not only paid comprehensive taxes, but also invested a lot of money to support merchants and farmers, restore productivity, and activate the economy, The people are also willing to support such a royal family.

On the third day of the new year, the atmosphere of the New Year is still very strong, the children on the street gather in pairs to light small firecrackers, the sound of bumping explosions causes the children to laugh one after another, visiting relatives and friends Baixin holds gifts in their hands, chattering between walks, from time to time bursting into laughter, most of the shops on both sides of the street are closed, and a very small part, such as teahouses and restaurants, are open to the public, all of them are crowded with people who rarely rest, They either take their families to a rare luxury in a restaurant, or sit in groups of three or five in tea houses listening to books and drinking tea, gossiping about the gossip or trivial matters of life in the imperial city.

"The people seem to be doing well."

Abandoning the carriage and walking on the street, Shen Liang said sincerely, along the way, they saw the happy smiling faces of the people, unlike in the Qin Kingdom, they could only see the people being overwhelmed by reality, maybe the people are not rich now, in a brand new Xia country that has just been integrated for a few years, it is already very good.

"Well, it's still within the inner city limits, and it's not unusual for the people to have a good life."

Pei Yuanxian nodded, holding his hand and looking at him together, He Yang, who was with them, couldn't help but interject: "Whether it is the inner city or the outer city, these scenes can see the good or bad life of the people, Brother Xi is very powerful!"

 It's not that he deliberately praised him, it's really powerful, and people can let the people live a good life without being in the country.

"It's not enough."

With a faint glance at him, Pei Yuanxian almost whispered, the road is not lost, the night is not closed, everyone is well clothed and fed, every household is more than every year, this is the case in the prosperous era of Daqin that was once under the rule of Emperor Shengzu, and so is his goal.

"Take your time, this kind of thing can't be rushed."

With a smile, Shen Liang continued to walk side by side with him, out of the inner city, the scene of the outer city was relatively depressed, but the people could still see the smile on their faces, which was already good for a brand new country that had just integrated.

"Uncle has a good heart, pity us."

"Uncle..."

After a few people walked all the way, a group of four or five little beggars who were about ten years old rushed up, lest they rush into Shen Liang, Pei Yuanxian moved extremely quickly to embrace him into his arms, blocking them with his own body, but Shen Liang grabbed one of the little beggars and touched Pei Yuanxi's hand hanging in the money bag around his waist.