Scientist

One shots (Namjoon):

🎤 Why don't you know it's fun, cause the answer's missing.

Why don't you know it's exciting, cause the answer's unknown.

Let our love be like having a screw loose, like a fool who knows only one and nothing else.

Love ain't a science (mm-mm) (ah).

Need no license (mm-mm).

Learn more about me, about me (ooh-ah).

Already enough, you know about me (oh, woah).

Love ain't a science (mm-mm).

Need no license (mm-mm).

I told you, what you, what you, what you waiting for? 🎤

Namjoon was the youngest son of two famous scientists.

He was used to over analyzing everything, since both him and his older brother, Seokjin, grew up that way.

And, unfortunately, he was the same way when it came to relationships.

This problem first started when he was asked out on a date by this girl named Mina- sure, he had a minor attachment to her, but didn't know what a crush was.

Since, you know, his parents didn't believe in love- they only believed in the facts and foundations of something, since they were scientists.

Which the concept of love didn't have, hence why he couldn't go to his parents with this problem.

And he also couldn't go to his older brother, who was just as bad with relationships as he was, meaning that his help would be pointless.

Besides, Seokjin actually started helping their parents with their research, meaning that he wouldn't have the time to help his younger brother anyway.

Which left Namjoon to sort this problem out on his own.

He accepted the proposal, going on a date with Mina the next weekend.

They went to a nice cafe that was near the college that they went to, but, unfortunately, he kept over analyzing the entire date, trying to find scientific facts that just didn't exist.

And this honestly annoyed the younger woman, who started complaining to her friends about how he kept over analyzing everything, and how it was starting to annoy her.

In her eyes, he was overthinking everything, and was over analyzing the fact that they both liked each other.

He was making something that was so simple seem so much more complicated.

If you know what I mean.

Their date didn't last long after that, and the younger woman actually left the cafe, leaving Namjoon feeling confused,

He couldn't understand what happened that made her act that way.

It wasn't something he did, was it? If it was, he definitely had no idea what he did that caused her change in behavior.

He was dense in a way, and oblivious to different things- like the fact that Mina liked him, for example.

And he also started to notice the fact that she started avoiding him on campus, which made him even more confused, since he believed that they were friends.

Why else would they hang out at a cafe if they weren't friends.

Because that's what friends did, right?