Death Valley

Author's Note: The first ever story that I wrote (when I was thirteen) was fantasy, so I decided to go back to my roots a little, and write a fantasy inspired one shot. I got this idea after finishing Season Five of Lucifer- which is a good show, I recommend. This is a different type of story style for me, and I hope you enjoy it 

One shots (Namjoon):

🎤 We're gonna die, it's just a matter of time.

Hard times come, good times go.

I'm either gone in an instant, or here 'till the bitter end.

I, I never know.

What I've got will make you feel me alive; I'll be your favorite drug, I will get you high.

I will get you high.

We're still, we are alive here in death valley, but don't take love off the table yet.

'Cause tonight, it's just fire alarms and losing you.

We love a lot, so we only lose a little, but we are alive (we are alive).

We are alive. 🎤

The year is 2022.

For centuries Heaven and Hell have been in war with each other; angels and demons fighting for eternity.

This is the story of a young teenager named Namjoon Morningstar, who's an adventurous individual, always getting himself into trouble with his father, Lucifer.

He was the only child of the devil and a human, making him half demon, and half human, meaning that he was looked down a lot by the other demons.

Since they couldn't accept the fact that his mother was a human, as it was forbidden for demons to mate with a human; a rule that his father himself disobeyed.

He claimed that he didn't need to follow the rules- due to being the King of hell- and that it was only his subjects who needed to follow them.

Then again, though, he wasn't the best father, and was very neglectful of his son, especially since his mother died giving birth- meaning that Namjoon never knew her.

Plus, no one was allowed to talk about her, due to the subject being forbidden, and the punishment being death if anyone disobeyed their King.

This is also the story of how he fell in love with a human girl, and how he had to keep their relationship a secret, due to it being forbidden.

But not every love story has a happy ending, however.

—————

Our story starts on a normal summer afternoon.

A young teenager with dyed green hair, and dark brown eyes was sitting at a table in the back of a coffee shop, near her apartment building.

Her name was Aura, and she just moved into the small town with her family about a month ago.

She was sitting at the table that afternoon, holding an ice coffee in her hands, spying on her neighbor, Namjoon.

She was trying to be discreet about it, as there was something about him that bothered her- sending chills down her spine.

I mean, they didn't talk often- or at all really- but she's been to his apartment a couple of times on her parents behalf, noticing some unusual things.

For one, he never talked about himself, and had no photographs on the walls, just paintings that came with the apartment.

Second of all, the way he spoke was old fashioned sounding, almost like he was from a different time period.