Into The Unknown

Trigger Warning: Mentions of abuse and sexual assault. Please don't read if you're triggered or uncomfortable. 

One shots (Seokjin):

🎤 Into the Unknown. Into the Unknown.

What do you want, cause you've been keeping me awake. Are you here to distract me, so I'll make a big mistake?

Or are you someone out there who's a little bit like me? Who knows deep down I'm not where I'm meant to be?

Every day's a little harder as I feel your power grow. Don't you know there's part of me that longs to go...

Into the Unknown. Into the Unknown. 🎤

It was raining that day; the rain falling down hard over the city that was bustling with life, even though it was so late at night.

A young teenager, who was no older than seventeen years old, was sitting cross legged onto the floor in front of the window in the living room of a small one bedroom, one bathroom apartment.

His black hair was lying flat on top of his head, and his dark brown eyes were locked onto the window, watching the rain fall down.

The young teenager's name was Seokjin Kim.

He was seventeen years old, living in poverty with his younger brother, Namjoon, and their father who was an alcoholic and abusive.

He was always spending the afternoons in bars, spending the money that they didn't have, coming home in the evenings highly drunk, abusing both his young sons, not remembering it in the morning.

And it was hard to believe that the Kim family used to be a normal loving one.

They used to live in a middle class neighborhood, as a family who loved each other.

The young teenager remembering when his parents were madly in love, spoiling their only son with love and attention.

But sadly though, that happiness didn't last long.

In fact, it ended when the second son, Namjoon, was born three years later.

The mother of the two boys ended up passing away when the youngest son was born, the father blaming the oldest son for his mother's death.

Why? You may ask.

Because, according to the father, the oldest son, Seokjin, wouldn't stop asking his parents for a younger sibling.

He wanted someone close in age, someone who he could play with, and treat like a friend.

A friend that would last forever; a friend who would have the same DNA as him.

Unfortunately though, this would be the start of the family's financial struggles.

After his wife died, the father of the two boys- a three year old and a newborn- stopped paying the bills, spending all their money drinking in bars instead.

Which led to the small family of three getting evicted from their home, having to move to the poor part of the city, in a small one bedroom, one bathroom apartment building, both children sharing a small mattress in the living room while their father took the only bedroom.

And the Kim family have been in that apartment ever since.

Seokjin sighed, continuing to look out the living room window at the rain, which was still falling down hard over the city.