As It Was

One shots (Namseok):

🎤 In this world, it's just us.

You know it's not the same as it was.

In this world, it's just us.

You know it's not the same as it was.

As it was.

As it was.

You know it's not the same. 🎤

Namjoon never thought that he would be here.

He never thought that he would be at his late mother's funeral with his husband, Hoseok, or his two year old step son.

It was just the three of them at the funeral that day, since his father was overseas on a business trip, but promised to pay his respects when he got back.

While his estranged brother, Seokjin, on the other hand, didn't even bother to show up- sure, he was positive that he sent the invitation through the mail, but who knows.

He didn't blame the older male, though, since he knew that their mother wasn't the nicest person out there.

She was both stubborn and hotheaded, and could get violent very easily- especially when things didn't go her way.

And that wasn't a good thing when you had two teenage boys in the household, who were always fighting and arguing with each other on a daily basis.

Since Namjoon and Seokjin never seemed to get along with each other.

They were only two years apart in age, sure, but that didn't stop them from fighting with each other.

The fights were so frequent, in fact, that every summer their parents would separate the two- one would stay with them, while the other would stay with their grandmother.

And they would switch places every summer.

This retinue worked out great for their parents, since they were given a sense of relief, knowing that they didn't have to deal with two annoying teenagers.

The young man sighed quietly, so that his husband wouldn't hear it; his golden hazel eyes continuing to look at the gravestone that was in front of them.

He missed Seokjin, honestly.

The two lost contact shortly after the older male left for college, and haven't spoken since.

He had no idea where he was, or if he had a family or not, and decided not to reach out, even though he knew that their father had his address.

He knew, deep down, that his older brother didn't want to hear from him.

But unbeknownst to Namjoon, however, the older male was sitting in his car in the parking lot across from the graveyard.

His head was in his hands, which were tugging on his black hair lightly, out of frustration.

He was scared- he was scared to walk into the graveyard and face his younger brother.

It's been ten years since they've last seen each other, and he wasn't really sure what to expect.

I mean, sure, he knew that he wasn't the best brother to Namjoon, especially since he was always picking fights with him.

But he still loved him- he just didn't know how to express his feelings or control his emotions.

You can say that he got that from their mother.

He was working on it though, and was going to therapy, getting help for all the personality traits that he seemed to inherit from the older woman.