Mr. Know It All

One shots (Namjoon):

🎤 Oh, you think that you know me, know me.

That's why I'm leaving you lonely, lonely.

'Cause you don't know a thing about me; you don't know a thing about me.

You don't have a right to tell me when and where to go; no right to tell me, acting like you own me lately.

Yeah, baby, you don't know a thing about me.

You don't know a thing about me. 🎤

Namjoon claimed he had an IQ of 148, which was above genius level, meaning that he should be extremely smart for his age.

Sometimes, however, it didn't feel that way, especially when it came to his girlfriend of four years, Jane.

They've been dating since college, and at first the relationship was going well, except for the fact that there was something wrong.

First of all, he was controlling, and not to mention condescending; always bringing her down.

She knew that he didn't mean it, and that that was just how he was raised- with abusive, helicopter parents- but that didn't make things right, though.

And she quickly got tired of the relationship, sitting him down one day, making sure that he was paying attention to her words, and not sitting there, looking at his cell phone again.

"I think we need to take a break, Namjoon," she told him that day, watching his reaction carefully.

"I'm not breaking up with you- I just think that we need some space, that's all."

To her surprise, he was cool with it, accepting her decision, deciding to stay in their shared apartment, while she moved in temporarily with her older half brother, Seokjin.

Which brings us to the present day.

"Everything okay?" He asked her, after returning home from work that day, finding her standing in the kitchen like she always did.

"It's Namjoon, Jin oppa," she just responded, her light brown eyes looking down at the tea cup that she was holding in her hands.

"He's not responding to my texts, and I'm worried that he moved on for good."

She heard her half brother sigh, before he took his jacket off, hanging it up by the door, walking into the kitchen.

"I'm sure that's not true," he replied back, taking a cup out of the cabinet, and pouring himself some tea.

"It sounds like he loves you, but you did say that he has abusive parents, right?"

She nodded in reply, before taking a sip of her tea, savoring the sweet taste that reminded her so much of her boyfriend.

As that just so happened to be his favorite tea.

"It sounds to me like he still suffers from some trauma," he stated professionally, almost like he was at the office dealing with clients.

The older male worked as a therapist, ranging from couples counseling, to one on one sessions with teenagers and adults.

And he was always the person that she would go to for advice- since his experience as a therapist made him more trustworthy.

"Does he have any siblings, do you know?"

"Only child," she muttered against her cup, causing him to sigh again, taking a sip from his own tea.

He cringed slightly at the taste, since he preferred savory teas over sweet ones, but that was his personal preference.

"There's not much I can do to help then," he responded, setting his cup down onto the kitchen counter.

"Unless you want to schedule an appointment for couples counseling? It wouldn't hurt to talk to someone, you know."

She just shook her head, though, continuing to look down at her cup, instead of at her older half brother.

"You'll be fine, Jane," he said again, keeping his tone of voice calm, while pouring his tea into the kitchen sink.

"All you need to do is talk to him."

He left the kitchen after that, loosening up the buttons on his dress shirt, and leaving his younger half sister in the kitchen.

She just sighed, once he was gone, knowing that he had a point.

She couldn't come to a decision without talking to Namjoon first.

————-

The apartment was silent that morning; the young couple sitting across from each other in the living room, silently.

The young woman was staring straight ahead with her hands in her lap, while her boyfriend was looking down at his cell phone, like he always did.

And she always wondered what was so important about his cell phone.

"I think we need to break up," she said suddenly, speaking calmly, while watching his reaction.

His eyebrows furrowed in confusion, and he placed his cell phone down onto his lap, his golden hazel eyes meeting her light brown ones.

"Jane," he started, only to get interrupted when his girlfriend spoke again.

"Namjoon, this relationship just isn't working. You're condescending, along with controlling, and don't know anything about me.

You never asked me about my favorite color, or my family life, or my passions for life. This isn't healthy, Joon, and I know that it's time we go our separate ways."

"I can change, Jane," he said again, trying his best to convince her through his tone of voice that their relationship can still work.

"I can be a better boyfriend for you..."

"Namjoon, I'm sorry, but you know that won't change anything."

She went silent after that, watching as a tear fell down his face, even though he made no effort to wipe it away.

"I'm afraid that this is goodbye."

She didn't even look at him, when she walked out of the apartment, just listened to the sounds of his crying, which made her heartache.

But she knew that there was nothing that she could do about it- they weren't together anymore, and she hoped that he would be able to move on, finding someone that he would treat with respect.

Even though she knew that would never be her.