Moon River

Trigger Warning: Mentions of heavy topics such as physical and sexual abuse. Thank You. 

One shots (Namjin):

🎤 Moon River, wider than a mile, I'm crossing you in style some day.

Oh, dream maker, you heart breaker.

Wherever you're going, I'm going your way.

Two drifters, off to see the world, there's such a lot of world to see.

We're after the same rainbow's end.

Waiting round the bend.

My huckleberry friend.

Moon River and me. 🎤

The bar was silent that evening, filled with the silent chatter of guests, along with the sounds of classical music that was blurring through the speakers.

A young man was sitting at the bar, holding a glass of whiskey in his hand, taking small sips of it periodically.

He had chestnut brown hair, along with golden hazel eyes, and was wearing an expensive looking suit that just screamed lots of money.

In fact, the bar that he was sitting in was located in the expensive part of the city of New York- you know, the part of the city that only aristocrats could afford.

He was from a poverty ridden family himself, but married into New Money a couple years ago.

His husband, Seokjin, was a famous entrepreneur, who owned a chain of banks all over the country.

He was a polite and respectful man, who was only two years older than him in age, and allowed the younger male to do whatever he wanted with his money.

Which was why he was helping his parents pay off their bills, wanting to get them out of poverty.

He still had a long way to go, though, but he did just use his husband's money to purchase his parents a nice house in a quiet suburban area.

He was close with his parents in case you couldn't tell.

"Sorry I'm late," a friendly voice said from behind him, interrupting the young man from his thoughts.

"The bank was hectic today."

His husband appeared next to him, sitting down in the empty seat that was next to his at the bar, ordering a whiskey for himself.

His black hair was brushed back off his forehead, and his dark brown eyes were rimmed with red, probably from exhaustion.

Since Seokjin has always been a workaholic- his career was just a priority to him at this point.

He just stayed silent, though, before taking another sip of his whiskey, using the glass to hide the frown that was on his face.

It wasn't a happy marriage, in case you were wondering, and the only reason why they got married was so that the younger male could save his parents from becoming homeless.

He knew that his husband didn't love him- he just saw him as an object, something that he owned.

He was always showing him off to his business partners, and treating him to fancy dinners and dates, just to show off his prized possessions to people.

Because that was how Seokjin saw him- as an object.

There was no love in their relationship unfortunately.