Hometown

Trigger Warning: Mentions of abuse, and alcoholism. IF any of this bothers you, please skip to the next part. Thank You. 

One shots (Seokjin):

🎤 Where we're from, there's no sun, our hometowns in the dark.

Where we're from, we're no one, our hometowns in the dark.

Our hometowns in the dark.

My shadow tilts its head at me; spirits in the dark are waiting.

I will let the wind go quietly.

I will let the wind go quietly. 🎤

Seokjin absolutely adored his six year old son, Namjoon.

He became a father when he was only seventeen years old- only a couple months before graduating highschool- but he didn't regret a thing.

His son was the best thing that ever happened to him- his weakness, or the light inside the darkness, if you will.

His mother, though, wasn't in the picture, leaving the young teenager as a single father, raising his son with the help of his parents and younger sister, Rosie, who loved Namjoon just as much as he did.

He raised the young boy in a loving and stable environment, until he was four, when he moved in with his then girlfriend at the time, Christina.

She may not have been his biological mother, sure, but she still loved the four year old like he was her own.

They continued raising the young toddler in a loving, stable environment for the next couple of months, until everything started changing.

Alcohol started to get involved in their relationship.

The young woman wasn't a heavy drinker per say, but she was still an alcoholic in the way that she would drink almost every day.

It would be in small sections though, but it started making her mood swings rapid and unpredictable, and she became abusive really quickly.

She became physically abusive towards her boyfriend, along with controlling- controlling his every move, and the people that he talked to.

She even started hitting his son also, even though Seokjin tried his best to keep the toddler out of the fights as best as he could.

Unfortunately, though, that didn't stop the toddler from getting some kind of bruises on his body- covering his honey tan skin with dark purple circles.

Which caused the once bright, and cheerful, intelligent child to become more shy and reserved, losing trust in people, due to what he witnessed on a daily basis.

His father was getting abused on a daily basis, and there was nothing that he could do about it.

And, for two years, the abuse continued, the young woman continuing to abuse both her boyfriend and his six year old son, who didn't deserve the beatings that they were getting.

She also became an alcoholic, drinking more heavily, and relying on Seokjin to earn the money and pay the bills- spending his hard earned money on alcohol.

She didn't care that the young man was overworking himself, or that he was putting some extra money aside for his son someday, wanting to get him out of that environment, so that he could grow up with love and support.

He knew that it was selfish of him, but he didn't want Namjoon to grow up in a toxic, and unstable environment, where his life would possibly be in danger.