The Hype

Disclaimer: I'm not a doctor, or a medical professional. I just wrote this based on my experience being Bipolar, and having this disorder. Please remember that everyone's difference, and my experience wont me the same for anyone else. Thank you. 

One shots (Namjoon):

🎤 No, I don't know which way I'm going.

But I can hear my way around.

No, I don't know which way I'm going.

But I can hear my way around.

Nice to know my kind will be on my side.

I don't believe the hype.

And you know you're a terrible sight.

But you'll be just fine.

Just don't believe the hype. 🎤

Bipolar Disorder (also known as Manic Depression): is a disorder associated with episodes of mood swings, ranging from depressive lows to manic highs.

It is an extremely common disorder with 3 million cases in the United States per year, and is caused by a combination of genetics, environment and altered brain structure/chemistry.

It can affect someone's relationship with their parents, friends, siblings, or even romantic relationships.

And, unfortunately, this was the case for an eighteen year old boy named Namjoon Kim.

He lived in the suburbs of a large city with his biological mother, Jennie, and his stepfather, Seokjin, coming from a working class background.

His biological father, Hoseok Jung, wasn't active in his life, but still paid child support, even though he had no relationship with his ex-girlfriend or son.

He's been told that he looked a lot like him though, having the same chestnut brown hair and dimples that his father had- only getting his golden hazel eyes from his mother.

He was diagnosed with bipolar disorder when he was only thirteen years old- five years ago.

He was taking medication for it, and saw a therapist monthly, but that didn't stop him from having intrusive thoughts.

He was suicidal, having thoughts of harming both himself and other people, but never acted out on them, due to what happened the last time.

When he was fifteen, he tried to kill himself, slitting his wrists as deep as he could go.

He was found, however, getting taken to the nearby hospital where he was treated.

That was when he was given his current medication, and the rest is history.

Which is where our story begins.

—————-

The house was located in a quiet neighborhood, a couple miles away from a main road.

It was a one story house built out of red brick, home to the Kim family, a small family of three.

They were your normal family- always happy and spending time together- living a working class lifestyle.

The mother, Jennie, was away on a business trip that weekend, leaving her husband, Seokjin, alone at the house, along with his eighteen year old stepson.

He may not have been Namjoon's biological father, but he still treated the teenager like his son, giving him lots of attention.

I mean, it was hard, sure, especially since the teenager suffered from bipolar disorder, believing that there was something mentally wrong with him.