Panorama

Author's Note: This song was a hard one to write, and I'm not 100% happy with how this turned out. But I'm publishing it anyways; just note that I might rewrite it at some point. 

One shots (Namseok/Namjin):

🎤 Honestly, I couldn't sleep.

An angel standing by.

But they were holding me patiently.

Waiting for me to arrive.

I'm done with fights just to prove that I've been cursed.

I'm done confusing all these ashes with my worth.

Today's the day, I'm not passing through.

I'm gonna say "Wait, have you seen the view?"

Wait, have you seen the view? 🎤

Some things in life just don't work out- some relationships aren't meant to be, due to the couple not being destined to be together.

Take the relationship of Jung Hoseok and Kim Namjoon, for example- they've been dating forever, since highschool.

But, like the saying goes: highschool relationships aren't meant to last.

Their relationship started falling apart once they got engaged in their early twenties- they started arguing a lot more, and avoiding each other by working late.

They wanted different things in life- one wanted to be a professional dancer, while the other one wanted to be a successful author.

They had different hopes and dreams, along with goals, and felt like they were holding each other back.

Which was why they ended their engagement to the surprise of both their friends and families, going their separate ways.

And over time they got what they wanted- Hoseok became a professional dancer, who opened his own studio, while Namjoon became a successful author, having multiple books to his name.

But that wasn't the only thing that changed, however.

The story starts with an invitation- a wedding invitation.

A young man with chestnut brown hair and light brown eyes was sitting on his couch one evening, holding a glass of whiskey in one hand, a invitation in the other.

It was the invitation to a wedding- Kim Seokjin and Kim Namjoon's wedding, to be exact.

He knew who the other male was, of course- he was the CEO of a chain of hotels across the country, a successful businessman.

There was a small smile on his face, but the tears couldn't help falling down his face.

Don't get me wrong, he was happy for his ex-fiancé, he just couldn't help but feel jealous.

I mean, he didn't have any luck in the dating scene, since none of them seemed to be his type.

Besides this one guy that he knew named Min Yoongi- but he was an office worker, who had a reputation of being grumpy.

He just shook his head, before flipping the invitation over, his light brown eyes scanning the phone number.

He dialed it, before thinking over his words, deciding to say something nice and simple.

He was just going to tell them that he was RSVPING for their wedding- was this a mistake? Maybe.

But he knew that he needed to move on- and showing support for his ex-fiancé would be doing just that.

"Hello?" An unfamiliar face said on the other line, causing the young man's confidence to fade.

That wasn't Namjoon, which could only mean that it was his fiancé, Seokjin.

Shit.

"Is this Kim Seokjin?" He asked, just to make sure that he was talking to the right person.

"Yes, this is him. Who's this?"

"My name's Jung Hoseok," he said, as confident as he could, even though his tone of voice was shaking.

"I'm calling to RSVP to your wedding."

There was silence on the other line, before the other male spoke again, keeping his tone of voice just as calm as it was before.

"Can you excuse me for a moment?"

Before he could say anything, however, the line was put on hold, the holding music making him go crazy.

He sorta expected this, though, and he released a breath that he didn't know that he was holding, placing the phone on speaker phone.

That could've been a lot worse.

–––––––––

To say that Seokjin was confused would be the understatement of the year.

He couldn't understand why his fiancé's ex-fiancé was calling, or what he meant by RSVPING to their wedding.

Because, as far as he knew, Namjoon never sent him a wedding invitation.

Did he?

"Hey babe?!" He called out to the younger male, who was sitting on the couch in their living room, sorting through their wedding invitations.

"Did you invite your ex-fiancé to our wedding?!"

There was silence, and, for a couple seconds, he thought that the brunette haired male didn't hear him.

That was, until he appeared in the kitchen entrance way; his hands in his pockets, and his posture as straight as normal.

"Of course I did, babe," he responded, leaning against the refrigerator, his golden hazel eyes watching the older male, who placed the phone onto the counter.

"Why? Is everything okay?"

"No, Namjoon, everything's not okay. He's calling, wanting to RSVP to our wedding."

He could tell how frustrated the ravenette haired male was getting, which was why he walked towards him, beginning to massage his muscles, relaxing him instantly.

"So? It's not like he'll purposely crash our wedding."

"Isn't it weird though? I mean, you used to be engaged, Joon; you were going to marry him. Don't you think it's weird that he wants to come to our wedding?"

"Jin babe," the younger name replied honestly, knowing immediately what the problem was.

"There's no reason to be jealous. Besides, I'm marrying you; I'm in love with you.

And, sure, I may have invited him, but that was because we promised each other that we would invite each other to our future weddings.

I have no feelings for him whatsoever, okay?"

He could tell that his words didn't help ease the older males hesitance, which was why he pulled him into a passionate kiss.

He took the phone out of his hands, once they pulled away, before putting the call off hold.

"Hey, Hoseok," he said, giving his fiancé a small smile, before walking into the living room.

"It's Namjoon."

He couldn't hear the rest of the conversation, but trusted the younger male, knowing that his words were the truth.

Since they would never cheat on each other, and always tell each other what was bothering them- whether it was a relationship problem or personal.

They were that kind of couple- I mean, sure, they haven't been dating long, but knew that they were perfect together.

And, sure, some people- like Hoseok- were unlucky when it came to relationships, but you can't rush through life without facing the consequences.

Besides, life had something planned for everyone.