Straightforward (Request)

"They're ready," I heard someone say behind me, and I saw the four of them come in. 

"Hey guys,"  I smiled, sitting up a little straighter in my chair. They greeted me with grins and nods, sitting themselves down in chairs like my own. 

"I'm here with One Direction to talk about their upcoming album," I spoke towards the camera and speaking clearly with a smile. "How are you all doing today?" I asked them.

"Great, how about you?" Niall asked me, and I met his eyes. 

"I'm wonderful, thank you," I chuckled, hearing similar answers from the Harry, Liam and Louis. (a/n I couldn't put Zayn in this one because of the new album talk, sorry)

I tried to make it brief and straightforward since someone had told me that we were short on time. I asked them about when it would come out, and they weren't sure. They said writing it was their favorite part, and how recording it took a lot of time. Liam talked a lot about how they were still honing their sound and style of music. 

But after only a few minutes, we were out of time, and I was a little disappointed. Their energy was something rare and special and it really made me feel good. I slumped a little as they got up to go, and I did the same, walking over to the camera man. 

"Will you make sure that gets sent today? I need to write the report for tomorrow," I told him, and he nodded. 

"Sure this, miss," he spoke to me, and I smiled, thankful. I didn't want to slack off. 

I turned to go, thinking if I had all of my belongings other than the clipboard of questions in my hand, when I saw Niall there in front of me. 

"You're a journalist?" he asked me, and I relaxed from the slight surprise.

"Yeah, I only do interviews occasionally," I shrugged, wondering to myself why he was still there. 

"Cool," he smiled, and I furrowed my eyebrows at him, his answer to my confusion shortly coming out. 

"So, are you free right now, then?" The surprise kept coming. "We may be out of time for the interview, but I'm not out of time to grab a drink with you," he spoke, giving me flirty eyes and igniting something inside of me. I didn't mean to, but I cocked my hip, raising an eyebrow at him.

"I'm sorry, I'm a little busy for silly dates," I spoke, bringing out the sass that I really didn't use that often. I didn't mean to be rude in any way, so I was glad when I saw his eyes become playful, too. 

Wait, why am I glad? Why can't I just be straightforward with him? It's a yes or a no, I spoke to myself, still staring up at him. 

"Well, I can make it more serious and take you out to dinner instead," he shrugged, and I felt my knots twisting in my stomach suddenly. Along with sass, I was surprised that he was bringing out the embarrassed side of me, as well. 

"If you have time for dinner, then why didn't I get more time to ask you questions?" I countered, and he squinted at me a little bit, finding that both of us were probably enjoying ourselves a little too much. 

"You can ask me questions at dinner," he retorted, and I bit back most of my smile. "Besides, I can pull a couple strings." I rolled my eyes, turning my head a little to really rear back that persistent grin.

I stayed quiet for a few seconds, thinking. I glanced back at him, crossing my arms over my chest. 

"If you take much longer, I'll get impatient," I spoke, my heart pausing for a second at the disbelief that I'd just said that. Had I really just said yes? I looked back to him, seeing him a little confused. 

"Are you going to take me to dinner or not?" I wondered, dropping abit of the sass because I was curious. 

When his eyes lit up, I felt a few too many emotions. I couldn't hold back thoughts of how cute he was, and I was a little more than excited. 

"Oh, yeah!" he exclaimed, and I had to hold in my laugh that time. He ran off to let someone know, and I couldn't help how much anticipation was surging through me. 

And I couldn't figure out why I couldn't have just been straightforward with him and stopped playing around, but later on down road when we read our vows at the altar, he told me that was what pulled him in the most.  

.

.

thanks to LalaDussan13 for requesting this! I hope you liked it because everything you've said and done for me is so sweet and it makes me so incredibly happy, so this is my thank you. i love you, babe. 

I LOVE YOU ALL TOO i'm not posting again today because i don't want to rush my 100th part, which will come out tomorrow (it'll be a Y/N imagine)

thank you all so much, i'll say more of that tomorrow, but thank you right now for 170k on this book! wow!!!

Melody xxxxxxxx

p.s. someone tell me where kay went like