Graduation (Request)

"Niall!" I exclaimed, already having tried to wake him up once. I was already dressed and nearly ready to go, but he was still in bed at nearly noon.

"Come one we need to go!" I yelled again, and he groaned. 

"Where?" he spoke, and I walked back into our bedroom. I put an angry hand on my hip. 

"Do you seriously not know?" I wondered, and he shrugged, blinking away his drowse. 

"That's why I'm not up," he told me, and I sighed. 

"Whatever, just stay there," I growled, making sure I had everything and beginning to leave. 

"Where are you going?" he yelled through the house. I sighed, wanting to tell him but knowing he forgot stuff like that a lot. 

"To where you can't remember we need to be!" I called back, slamming the door and feeling a little ridiculous. It wouldn't have taken him that long to slip on a suit and get in the car. I was going to be early to my niece's graduation, anyway.

I drove there a little upset that I'd left him at home. I was looking forward to spending a few boring hours with him. He probably would have slept at the ceremony, anyway. 

I got there and considered calling him, but I didn't. I sat down in a seat next to my sister and her husband. They were more excited than I was, but I was still just as happy and proud. She was only graduating elementary school, but it was still important. 

We watched the whole thing, taking pictures and commenting on some of the cute little kids in their fancy clothes. I thought about my child doing the same thing one day, and I then I felt guilty again, seeing Niall at home still confused. I chuckled to myself. He was cute even when he wasn't wearing fancy clothes. 

When the whole thing was over, we took pictures outside. It was really bright, so when someone tapped my shoulder, I could barely see who it was for a second.

"Hey," I heard Niall say. I put a hand up to see better, smiling sadly at him. 

"You figured it out," I chuckled, and he shrugged. 

"Only after I'd gone back to bed," he told me, and I sighed.

"I'm sorry. I should have just told you." He smiled at me. 

"That's okay, I should really start trying to remember things better," he said, and I laughed. 

"That's true," I spoke, and he laughed, too.

"This is my official graduation from forgetting things, I promise," he grinned, and I sighed. 

"Oh, Niall," I chuckled, shaking my head a little. I looked up at him to see him look confused as I spoke once more. 

"That's sweet, but just like school, it takes a lot more work than just saying you can do it for it to happen." And I kissed his cheek. 

.

.

thanks to julz4569 for requesting this! i hope you liked it! 

kind of a bad ending uh 

I love you all! 

Mel xx

THIS IS MARY I AM BETTER THAN ALL OF YOU CAUSE MEL IS MY BABE 4 EVER <3